• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order of photo images attached to emails

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do my images go out in reverse chronologicla order?

(Thread title edited by Moderator)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean. How are you attaching the images to emails using the Lightroom desktop app? Presumably you export first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My way of sharing my images with friends is to export them to my desktop (iMac), fire up an e-mail, and attach the images to the e-mail.  Sometimes, the order in which I took the images is important -- a sports sequence, or a nature hike -- but the attached photos always line up in the e-mail in reverse chronological order.  I can re-arrange them in the e-mail, of course, but with 10 or 20 images, that gets annoying. what can I do?  Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how that's a Lightroom issue, it's more a question for the email service provider. When images are exported they are not in any particular order, but they can be listed in certain orders when using the file system tools such as Finder on Mac and File Explorer on Windows (the latter has much more flexibility in terms of how the images can be listed). When attaching the exported files to an email, I would think how they are listed within the email will be determined by the email app itself. Have you investigated your email app to see what sort options it might provide (if any)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me, Jim. Your explanation is a bit above my paygrade, I think, but I'll certainly check it out with someone who understands this better than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered using the shared album feature of Lightroom? It's a far simpler and more flexible method of sharing than the old-fashioned export and email approach. I stopped exporting for sharing purposes as soon as the shared album feature was implemented, and I'll never go back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this tip, Jim.  I'll work on it, and hope to up my game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines