• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Luminance histogram only available in BW Mode

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the most recent version of the app on Android and I can no longer find the luminance histogram. Where has it been moved to?

And to be clear, I know where the RGB histogram is, but I'm specifically looking for the luminance histogram.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love an answer to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To accommodate the new HDR feature, the Histogram required a redesign.

The Luminance Histogram is available only in Black and White mode. To use it, you will need to convert your image (temporarily) to BW in the Color edits. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why? A luminance histogram is a pretty key element for editing photos, it seems incredibly ridiculous to have removed it from a professional photo editing program.

Another thing - why did the histogram need to be changed to accommodate the HDR  feature even for people not editing in HDR?

So many tools have been buried in new menus, necessitating more taps to access them, who is this for? Because it's certainly not for us editors.

Now just using the histogram takes SEVEN taps.

1. Open menu, 2. Select view options, 3. Select histogram, 4. Tap out of the menu, 5. Tap the edit menu, 6. Tap the color menu, 7. Toggle B&W

How is this an improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the lumanance info on the histogram in color mode was very valuable to me.  I can toggle B&W but seems like an unnecessary step.  Also, the new histogram seems to show the RGB lines across the bottom of the graph even if the value is zero.  The old histogram did not show the line at all if the value was zero.  It is much harder to tell if things are getting clipped now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines