• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No DPI Control on Export

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much is missing from Lightroom in the cloud - pretty disappointing really, but I'm stuck with it.

• No DPI control on export
  • JPEG quality is only 10, 20, 30...  not enough resolution.
  • No export presets -- I need to do my exports manually.  I've seen it in LrC where I can say essentially, "give me the best that you can in 100MB, or 25MB."  Lr only knows about large and small, which is really pretty lame.
  • Can't rename files.  I end up with files called -edit-edit-edit.  That's really stupid.

Really unhappy that you need to give up so much to be able to use Adobe's cloud.  When will there be functional parity?  Seems like a long time to wait.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DPI, or really PPI, is actually meaningless. There is an option to export full-sized images or custom sized images and you can specify pixel size. That's about all you really need. Why is it that you feel you are "stock" with Lightroom for the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is ppi control in Lightroom, but only if you export with settings where ppi has a meaning. Change the image size from pixels to inches or centimeters and you will see ppi settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines