• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Portfolio: set masthead background to a photo from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Portfolio it is possible to set a background for the masthead. This can be an image or a video. 

When you select 'Image' you must upload an image. It would be nice if you could select an existing image from Lightroom. 

For example I have a page with a photo grid with photos from a trip to Iceland (imported from Lightroom).
As background of the masthead I would like to use one of the photos from the photo grid.

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see a way of using an existing image as the Masthead photo, I know on my own Portfolio site I had to upload one of my images which altready existed in one of my Portfolio albums. It kind of makes sense, i.e. if you use an existing image from one of the albums, what would happen if you subsequently deleted that album from your gallery? But I guess there could be ways to deal with that....

I've voted for the suggestion, let's see how much traction the idea gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Foreground (Cover) images are treated separately from masthead backgrounds.  So to answer your question, no.  You will need to manually add desired media to your masthead background. 

Portfolio currently supports animated GIF, video, or static JPG / PNG images in masthead background.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037908934-Adding-a-Masthead-background

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines