• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Printing through LR causes red hue from iOS

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print from LR on iPhone or iPad to Canon Pixma TS8350 I get a red hue which makes sunsets etc look awful.

If I print a photo taken on iPhone 11 Pro direct to the Canon, it comes out true. If I take that photo into LR to edit it, I get the problem whether I print directly from LR or if I reimport the edited photo back to Apple Photos and then try and AirPrint bypassing LR.

I have tried reloading the print driver etc no good.

I have used various paper types as well and I consistently get the same issue.

Inhave been tried taking the edited photo from LR aback into Lightroom V6 and using the print module all with the same problem.

It definitely seems to be something that happens when the photo is imported into LR.

it's driving me crazy and I've spent lots on paper, inks etc etc all to no avail. 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted this to a bug to drive an investigation.  Setting to "acknowledged."  We will respond when we understand better what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrewn38326806 

Off the cuff, I wonder if this is a color space / printer color profile issue.

While we take a closer look at this soon, could you review a couple help pages to see if advice helps your printer work with the Adobe RGB / sRGB color space Lightroom images use?
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/color-management.html 

and 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/print-job-options-settings.html 

...Are you able to adjust the color profile used for your print jobs?  If you tried this already, can you confirm what settings you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your very quick response which is much appreciated.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my initial post but all my problems relate to the cloud based Lightroom which has no print module and therefore nothing can can changed. Both your links are for Lightroom Classic which is not really relevant for me.

So I’m afraid I cannot do as you ask this time around.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Andrew Noble

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @andrewn38326806 

Thanks for clarifying that you are using Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) on the desktop. 

We cannot reproduce the issue with the same LR desktop app or LR iOS app.  Once images are exported from Lightroom with edits, and then sent to the printer, colors and hues are printed as expected.

Can you confirm your Lightroom Export settings:

• what file type are you exporting as?  Have you tried JPG or TIFF?
  • under Color Space, are you using sRGB?  This is the most compatible format
  • what is the image source and file type?  (what camera make/model, and image file type and capture settings are you using?)
  • If you wish to send me a direct message with an example image, I would happy to examine it and try printing that as well.

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines