• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Subscriptions from Mobile App Stores don't work with Desktop Software

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get so many questions about this I decided that an authoritative post would be helpful. 

If you've purchased a subscription from a mobile app store, (e.g. Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store or the Samsung Store), the subscription is for mobile devices only. Running Lightroom Desktop on a PC or a Mac requires a specific subscription purchased for desktop computers.

The Desktop subscription includes access to the Mobile product but not vice-versa. 

Lightroom Web is included in all subscriptions. 

If you've purchased the incorrect subscription for you needs, please contact Adobe Customer Care for correction.

Hopefully this helps. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a slighly different qestion. I have lightroom mobile for android (took it from the playstore) and want to buy a new apple phone.

Will my subscription work on the iOS phone (since I pay on playstore) ? Thanks to you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile subscriptions work on both Android and iOS Devices regardless from which company's store they were purchased. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help 🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the Lightroom Subscription on my phone. But when I log in to my profile on my PC, it says I need to resubscribe. If there's anyway to by-pass the starting screen so I can begin editing on my PC. 

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you only purchased the mobile apps, you may not have a subscription for the computer apps.

you can check your account, https://account.adobe.com

and if you are going to purchase a subscription, you should check the photography subscription which includes lightroom, lightroom classic and photoshop for ~$10/mo with a one year obligation - https://creative.adobe.com/plans

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically mobile apps puchased from Google Play or Apple stores do not include access to desktop versions of Creative Cloud. However if you purchase a Creative Cloud plan from Adobe, it includes both desktop and mobile apps.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe Lightroom on PC, I open and it tells me to renew my subscribtion on a 7day trial. I already am subscribed on mobile and when I sign in on PC it tells me to sign out, so i do then sign in and then it tells me the same thing as the beginning. What do I do? Does mobile subscribtion not work for PC?

20230107_172626.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Elp_planespot27844433dvua and @gino citronni 

check your adobe account, https://account.adobe.com

1. to see if you have one

2. if you do, to confirm you adobe id/password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I log into Lightroom on my MacBook. I used the same log in details I have on my Lightroom on my iPhone etc ( all premium ) through my Apple account but when I try log in it won't accept my email or password. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is I bought for mobile and am using it on mobile and it freezes constant. A message comes up can't synch because did not allow cellular... to click here.  I do and cellular is not an option.  I can't even get to see my pictures never mind edit them..freezes every 5 to 10 seconds round the clock 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marilyn25311102wi6l 

contact the mobile store support.  you can also check if your mobile os meets specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have LR and PS on iPad and desktop, do you have to pay for both mobile and desktop? Or are they both in the $9.99 /month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have to pay once. Make sure you do that on the desktop. Then log on using the same account info on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see the post from @Rikk Flohr: Photography 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/p-subscriptions-from-mobi...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John282574993mtv 

if you subscribe to the adobe photography plan, these are your benefits https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Lightroom iPhone app..... do I have to pay for another subscription if I want use Lightroom on my pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you subscribe to Lightroom Mobile premium service on iOS or Android devices, the desktop app is not included. 

Info about plans that include Lightroom for Mac and Windows can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html 

and here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html 

If you subscribe to the desktop plan, be sure to cancel your mobile plan via mobile app store subscription settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i want to ask just one question. if i buy Lightroom mobile premium account in İOS device, can i use this account in android device. Shortly, have lightroom cross platform for premium account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have subscribed light room yearly subscription on my iphone and can log in to LR on my Imac, its asking for another subscription and credit card, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you subscribe to Lightroom through the Apple Store?  If you subscribed through the Adobe website, which plan did you select?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As George says, it depends what plan you selected.

If it was the Mobile Subscription (which includes 100GB of Cloud Storage) then this doesn't include Lightroom Desktop.

The Lightroom Plan (1TB Cloud Storage) includes Desktop and Mobile Devices and is approx double the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the monthly subscription for Lightroom Premium on my Android and and I'm trying to access it on my Windows laptop and it's displaying a screen that says I should purchase a yearly subscription or I should quit the Lightroom application. What can I do let it access my Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy.

I purchased the mobile Lightroom app for use on my phone. Does Lightroom for Mac require an additional license? I attempted to sign in on Mac and restore my purchase in the Lr app but I received an error saying I need to make a purchase first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not an additional licence- just a different licence that includes desktop versions- ie. the Lightroom Plan (1TB)

See the post (in this forum thread) -

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/p-subscriptions-from-mobi...

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines