Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partieller Import in Projekt

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallochen,

wenn ich ein Projekt erstelle kann ich Fotos importieren, dabei kann man auch Subfolder verwenden, soweit alles klar.

Kann man auch später (z.B. in einigen Wochen) zusätzliche Bilder importieren und die bisher importierten / bearbeiteten bleiben erhalten?

Wenn ja wie? Ein erster Versuch führte dazu, dass die bisherigen verschwanden und nur mehr die neuen da waren .. nicht lustig.

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.

Liebe Grüße

Gerhard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by- "when I create a project.."?

"you can also use subfolders...".   Lightroom does not use sub-folders (in the traditional sense) unless you are referring to Albums that can contain 'Folders'.

"Is it possible to import additional images later ..?" Yes of course. What use would Lightroom be if you could not import/add more photos to the Cloud catalog.?

"keep the previously imported / edited ones?" All photos you import will always remain in the Catalog (in the Cloud), unless you deliberately delete them!

And perhaps you should confirm the Version of Lightroom you are using- Go MENU > Help > System Info. Copy and post the report.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot the version:

Lightroom Classic-Version: 12.1 [ 202212072312-d7ab524b ]
Lizenz: Creative Cloud
Spracheinstellung: de
Betriebssystem: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.19044
Anwendungsarchitektur: x64
Systemarchitektur: x64
Anzahl logischer Prozessoren: 12
Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,7GHz
SQLite-Version: 3.36.0
CPU-Auslastung: 10,0%
Integrierter Speicher: 32540,3 MB
Dedizierter GPU-Speicher, der von Lightroom verwendet wird: 842,8MB / 5980,0MB (14%)
Für Lightroom verfügbarer phys. Speicher: 32540,3 MB
Von Lightroom verwendeter phys. Speicher: 1842,0 MB (5,6%)
Von Lightroom verwendeter virtueller Speicher: 2938,6 MB
Anzahl GDI-Objekte: 685
Anzahl BENUTZER-Objekte: 2148
Anzahl Prozess-Handles: 2212
Cache-Speichergröße: 472,7MB
Interne Camera Raw-Version: 15.1 [ 1329 ]
Maximale Anzahl Threads, die Camera Raw verwendet: 5
Camera Raw SIMD-Optimierung: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Virtueller Speicher in Camera Raw: 447MB / 16270MB (2%)
Physischer Speicher in Camera Raw: 398MB / 32540MB (1%)
DPI-Einstellung des Systems: 173 DPI (High-DPI-Modus)
Desktop-Komposition aktiviert: Ja
Standardvorschaugröße: 3840 Pixel
Monitore/Anzeigegeräte: 1) 3840x2160
Eingabetypen: Multitouch: Nein, integrierte Toucheingabe: Nein, integrierter Stift: Nein, externe Toucheingabe: Nein, externer Stift: Nein, Tastatur: Nein

Informationen zum Grafikprozessor:
DirectX: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 (31.0.15.1669)
Anfangsstatus: GPU wird standardmäßig für die Bildverarbeitung unterstützt
Benutzerpräferenz: Automatisch

..and so on ...

First of all, I use a NAS not a cloud.

Normally I store the images in a shared directory on that NAS. This time I digitize my old BW films, so I created a directory 'SW Filme' and created subfolders herin, 'F 1', 'F 2' ..

To check the first results and find problems early I want to import the first few films into a project. So I start at the root folder and import images from all the subfolders so far, I think, I have seen this once a day (but I never used this feature so long).

During checking the first images, digitizing goes on (6 images = one strip = 30 minutes of scanning) so I end up with more images as imported.

How can I import this images?

As I wrote, I tried to import some more images to another project two month ago or so (same LR Classic version) and end up with some kind of desaster. ==> So I start this question.

With best regards

Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating a new Catalog for each "Project"?

If you start a new catalog you will not see any previous photos.

Use only one catalog.

With one catalog, the Import function will 'Add' any new folders of files into the Catalog each time you 'Import'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I didn't create a new catalog, I just selected a different directory to get this images.

Next step:

Yesterday I opened a new catalog for my BW images I scanned so far. I selected the top directory, and get all the images in the sub folders. I am happy until .... the scanner gave them all the same date of exposure, so Lightroom told me, 'hey, it looks like you have doubletts' .. so I end up with one image and about 1500 dubletts. Great.

Is there a chance to tell Lightroom to use the file date? Only for this project with scanned images. If the images came from a camera, the date of exposute will be ok. ( I have now two camaras, any troubles ahead).

With best regards

Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using Lightroom-Classic v12.1

".. so I end up with one image and about 1500 dubletts."

If "Duplicates" are a problem because of the scanner file 'Time of capture', uncheck the option in the Import dialog for all files to import-

2023-01-23 07_51_53-Clipboard.jpg

My Epson scanner records [Date:Hours:Minutes:Seconds] for scanned images. It would be unusual for all of your scans to have exactly the same Date:Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines