• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persons Identifiying does not work (LR Android)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I activated 3 weeks ago the persons option, still not a single person is identified.

I only have about 200 pictures in the cloud and about 20 of them are with persons/ portraits. Sync is activated and shows no error.

I am still on the testplan, but I really want to know, if this feaure works or not before I have to decide to go for a payed subsription or not!

Any idea what could be the issue?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sacha,

These forums are peer to peer support.  I suggest you post your issue above at feedback.photoshop.com, where Lightroom Engineers may see it sooner.  It may help to post a sample photo, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your reply (and the additional pm, which I just came today to
see as I am quite busy in this time).

Will try to get an answer via the recommended way within the next couple of
days esp. as it can not be an issue of the pictures, as all (!) of the
pictures and portraits are not detected. Different photos, different
portraits of different people. Some with even more then one picture.
Strange...

Thanks again!
Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem may be that there needs to be at least 5 instances of the same face in order for it to show up in the People section. If there are less than 5 pictures of any single face, it will not appear in the list.

The Lightroom desktop app is more helpful as you can look at the Keywords tab of an individual image that has faces in it, and on that tab will be entries for each of the identified faces, with the option to name them. Once you have named a face, it WILL then appear in the People section even if there are less than 5 instances of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines