Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo corruption by lightroom - cannot save metadata to jpeg file from samsung

Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have some photos that I think were corrupted by lightroom because I only worked on them with lightroom before they got modified somehow and the edits could no more be synchronised with lightroom database

Any edit I do are only saved in the database, when trying to save the edits to the file or synchronise, I get an error: unknow type file (in french it exactly says "format de fichier inconnu")

I can load the file and load the metadata without problems though

I can also change the file metadata with exiftool for example without issue.

If you eed I can send a file example.

Best Regards

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually it is happening with a lot of my jpg files and so far only jpeg files.

I checked the file right they are OK

anyway I could not change them with exiftool if it was not the case.

I tried other software all can write the file without out issue. I am a bit lost on why Lightroom only cannot anymore write these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After throughfully checking, it is something that happened with Lightroom a few days ago. If I erase these files and replace them with the original. there is no issue anymore.

This week I installed lightroom 10 (from my old version 6) So I suspect that something wrong is going on with lightroom 10. These files had been edited in lightroom 6. During this week I started to use lightroom 10 and edited some files. Strangely enough the files I edited have no issue. The one I did not touch cannot be edited today. 

This is quite frightening, because I have a huge collection of file.

1 - I do not have an original set for all of them

2- I am never going to have the time re-edit those old files again

I hope this is only limited to the folder I was working on.

For now and until I get a clear view of what happened with lightroom. I am going to stop the trial period.

If you need the files I can send them to you, and am ready to help to solve this potential show stopper.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines