• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Restoration assist

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  old Gif off of a late 90s/early2000s cell separated to 200 frames and am trying to restore if possible as still frames or video itself. Good project for an amateur photographer starting out in photoshop/Lightroom.  The original image is very small and I suspect its a lot of time and possibly a steep learning curve. Questions as follows:

1. Even if it was necessary to break every frame down old fashioned story board style, is it possible to pull theses frames apart and discover enough pixel data to to restore the video itself , select still images or both?

2.  I have resized to multiple formats  including  standard letter and multiple others.  Will this be necessary and if so to what optimum size?  My goal is to be able to restore video, play in full screen on laptop or iPad, and print a few crisp 8x10s.  Is their a sequence methodology like resizing enlargement in steps for example: origonal>postcard> A4> then finally to letter or, should one just go from original to letter?  

3.  At first PS and LR would not accept format as Gif, then separated video into 208 frames and formatted into tiff, JPEG, png,  Is their a methodology to this as well?  Which format is preferred for this task?

4. As this doc came off an old mbp.....the highest res was 1024x726x72 DPI.   If resizing larger is thier a need and methodology to go to 300 Dpi and what is proper course of action?  Work- performed on gen4 iPad Pro iOS 14.6 12.9"

Ive attached one of the frames and spec data.  If  I could get some crisp stills or  crisp video outta these it'd be a real blessing. Anything helps.

Jess

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK, A GIF file is just a series of still images (no video enclosed) in the one document.

Your GIF is very small!  65x49 pixels is the best image size 'resolution' you will ever get from this file! Increasing the size to anything larger will be pointless!

2021-07-01 17_26_11-Window.jpg

Open the GIF in Photoshop and you will see the images (65x49pixels) in multiple layers.

You are not going to get anything of any value from this GIF file!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do indeed have a "frame" that is 1024x762 then you did not attach it here. 1024x762 would be an ok starting point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  The 6 images below 1500-1506 of 208.  They have been resized at1280x800 in a PNG format from 65x49 GIf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is as good as you will ever get! Nothing better is achievable.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not heard back from Jess, and I take from the first post that the reference to "1024x726x72dpi" is about the screen dimensions of the old MacBook, and not the GIF..

The exercise to enlarge the GIF image "original>postcard> A4" is possible, but the result from a 65x49 pixel image will be something like this- (and pointless trying!)

2021-07-03 07_04_28-Window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines