• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Unavailable and Full Storage

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cloud storage for Lightroom has been full for a while now. I use an external harddive to copy all original files. Unfortuantly, that harddrive has died. I have now lost photos as it is saying they are unavailble due to being corrupted, missing, or modified. I cannot sink them due to full storage, and they will not move across to my new harddrive. I really need help as I am a photogrpaher and I have clients who need their photos - Please someone tell me there is an answer to restore these 'missing' edits! 

Also I cannot delete other images to clear space, as I need them for work!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much we can do here. It's your own responsibility to make sure you have storage for your work - and to have backup when disks fail. Which they all will at some point.

I don't sleep well unless I have at least two copies of every file. I usually have three, one of which at a different physical location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's fair, so there is no way to re sync these photos on lightroom? I have upgraded my storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic syncs only previews to the cloud, not counting towards your quota. If you have crashed your hard-disk with no backup, well - lesson learned I guess.

Thor Egil Leirtrø
Freelance concert photographer - thoregilphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, it looks like you are using the cloud based Lightroom. Then your pictures should be stored in the cloud all right, but you have posted your question in the wrong forum.

Thor Egil Leirtrø
Freelance concert photographer - thoregilphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot suggests that you're using Lightroom desktop, not Classic. It also appears that your cloud storage is only 20GB. Fortunately, this can be upgraded to 1TB or more, although you would probably need to change from the 'Photography Plan (20GB)' to the 'Lightroom Plan (1TB)'. The two plans cost the same, but the first also includes Photoshop and Lightroom Classic.

Hopefully, someone more familair with the plans  canoffer more help. In meantime, 

scroll to bottom of this link for more details. of the plans on offer

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines