• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos become blurry and pixelated once imported into lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for the past few weeks, I have noticed that once I import a picture into lightroom, they become extremely pixelated and blurry. The pictures themselves are very clear when imported into "Photos" on my Mac, the problem is only once they are uploaded into lightroom. The program is up to date and I have searched everywhere for answers however I cannot seem to find anything. I cannot continue to use Lightroom like this, as the quality is extremely poor, and it is very frustrating. Can anyone help me with this issue, please? Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something to do with Photos on the Mac. In the Preferences you have the option to Download all Originals or Optimise Mac Storage.
Optimise Mac Storage will keep lower res proxies locally whilst the full res originals are in iCloud. Is it possible you could be importing these low res proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me.

My laptop is not linked to iCloud, so i believe everything is stored on the computer itself. The pictures themselves when they are imported are very clear. It's only once i import them from "photos" to lightroom, that they become extremely pixelated. I have attached screenshots for reference. 

Is there anything that i am doing wrong, should i import photos straight from my camera onto lightroom rather than via photos?

Can i uninstall and re-install lightroom? If so, will i lose all of my pictures, edits, and work?

Looking forward to hearing from you, this issue has been going on for months and i cannot use lightroom at all, so i really appreciate any help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines