• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos change versions across devices…..

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to share a recent issue I have been having with photo versions. I normally upload raw files to cloud via Lr Desktop (on MacBook Pro). When all photos are fully uploaded and synced, I close Lr Desktop application. I then normally edit photos on iPad, creating an album for sharing, and then share that folder via Lr, either via iPad or iPhone.

The issue I have is that as soon as I close Lr the iPad after creating a shared folder, the photos all revert back to the unedited version, really the raw image. Luckily the edited version still exists within Lr on the cloud but as a "Version". I then have to go and manually change my Live Photo from the raw image back to the previously edited version......within the versions tab. Frustrating when you have a couple hundred shared and edited photos.

I have replicated this now across at least three albums.....

Anyone else have this issue, any solutions. Thank you!!

Paul

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

how long time do you wait before you close LR on the iPad?
Where do they revert exactly?
On the iPad or on the cloud (https://lightroom.adobe.com)?

Do you have the Lr on the desktop when you see this?
If so, does it also occur when you don't have Lr on the Desktop running?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That's for responding. I have tried to replicate this again and could not do so,  so now doubting myself. To answer your questions, I would normally not wait long at all before closing Lr on iPad before viewing on iPhone (I probably need to wait a little longer, ensure iPad editing is fully synced and then close iPad before opening iPhone).

When the edit loss occurred several photos did actually change to the original unedited version across all devices. That is Lr on my iPhone, Lr on my IPad, I also checked Lr Desktop and they had changed there too. They also had changed on cloud, which I confirmed by checking via web browser at www.Lightroom.adobe.com

The original edits were still listed on my account but as a version. I was able to recover each edited photo which I thought was lost by opening each photo, going to versions, hitting auto and there were generally 3-4 different versions of my photo listed including the original and my my final edited. I could switch to my edited photo and hit apply.

I never took any notice whether Lr on Desktop was running or not when this occurred but now I'm very focused at only have one editing tool open and accesssing my cloud photos at a time. Perhaps that's why I cannot replicate issue?

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, maybe it could explain the issue.
Which version are you using on the desktop and on iOS?

When you mention shared folder, did others get editing rights?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ignacio,

Again, I appreciate the help. It's a good question, I actually had this issue resolved with online help from Adobe, and they asked all the same questions.

Lr Desktop ver 5.0

Lr iphone ver 7.0.2

Lr iPad ver 7.0.2

I never allow edit abilities to any shared folders. 

Thanks

paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines