• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos disappeared

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my photos and the folders I created have disappeared.  Cannot get into cloud either.  Subscription is up to date. What happened??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "can't get into cloud," what do you mean exactly? 

Is it possible that you have more than one Adobe ID and you're using the wrong one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Sean5F89 

Michael's hunch seems correct here.  I will send you a private message soon with more info that should help you sign into the correct (ssubscribed) account.  Important: do NOT uninstall the app.  Deleting Lightroom before it has synced images to cloud storage will cause data/image loss.  Just as a safety net, let me recommend you do a full iTunes or iCloud backup of your deevice before trying any next steps, so you can always recover images in the Lightroom app cache later.

To get all your images from your separate, free account copied over to your paid account, you have some options:

1.  My top recommendation, which will preserve your original images and also your edits.  In your paid account, create a shared album, and then invite your free account to join it.  Be sure your paid owner of the shared album has applied "Can Contribute" settings for the free user in the shared album settings.  After your free account accepts the email invitation, sign into the free account again in Lightroom, and then add all the photos it has to the shared album it just joined.  Let this sync to your paid account, and then sign back into your paid account.  You should not see all your same photos in the paid account.  See this help page for basic info on how to set that up: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html

If all that is too complicated, another option is:

In Lightroom, sign into your unpaid account, select all images, and export them to your camera roll.  You will need to decide to export originals, or copies with your edits applied.  Then sign into your paid account and import all your images from the camera roll.  I do not recommend this if you're dealing with many images, or losing either your edits or your original images is unacceptable.

There is a 3rd option:

Plug your device into a computer, and use iTunes File Sharing to copy images from Lightroom on your device to you computer.  See how: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.html   After the files are copied to your computer, you can sign into your paid account in any web browser at https://lightroom.adobe.com/libraries, and then import photos you've retrieved from your device.  Signing into the same paid account in the Lightroom mobile app should then show all the images you re-imported using your desktop browser.  Warning: This method will not restore any previous edits you've made.

I hope one of these options serves your needs.  I will send you some hints on how to access your paid account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines