Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos gone after computer restart

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom v. 5.4

I've edited a buch of pictures in an album for a week. My computer (macbook 2019, OS monterey) has gone out of battery and turned itself off several times during the editing process without any issues. I finished the editing tonight and edited some stuff in ps when my computer froze and I had to restart it. Suddenly all my photos in the album were gone, and none of them were exported yet. They aren't stored in the cloud either.

One additional thing to this is that I've opened all my edited photos in PS through LR. I can see all of the photos as thumbnails on the homepage for PS in .tif format, but it won't let me open any of them. All the unedited photos are still left on my memory card and I tried to re-import them to LR to see if the program would recognize the files but without any luck... 

Is there anything I can do to save my work..?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you mentioned that they are not in the Cloud, have you double checked http://lightroom.adobe.com/ or had you paused sync on purpose?

Also have you tried logging out and into the Creative Cloud App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran out of cloud storage and were just about to export my pictures when this happened, so kind of on purpose yes. 

Tried logging out and in again and nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have 20Gb of photos successfully stored in the Lightroom cloud.  Please make sure you are using the same email ID to login that you have used for this forum.  If this problem persists, please include a screen shot of what you see when browsing to https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines