Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos got deleted!

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

This morning I've opened lightroom and I've noticed that half of my pictures got deleted! I now have four empty folders and 300 or so photos missing!! What is going on??

They're not in the deleted folder and can't find them anywhere!

Sorry but I'm a bit panicking now!

Anyone with similar issues or anyone who know what to do??

(BTW I'm Italian and I can't even find a way to contact Adobe, any clue?)

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say deleted folder. Are you definitely on Classic and referring to the system deleted folder? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean, thank you for replying.

I'm referring to the mobile version of Lightroom, so the folder that stores for 60days the photos you delete. I'm currently using the free trial. I have cc on my laptop but with another account and I never bothered to join the two so for the mobile version I have only those copies of the pictures, no backup or nothing.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move to the forum where you should get more help than here. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marianna5CAC 

My first advice: do NOT delete the app from your device, especially if you are using the free app.  Nothing syncs to cloud storage for free accounts.

Is this Lightroom Mobile Android or iOS? 

If this is Android, did you use a SD memory card that is no longer on the device?  

If you are on iOS, please try the advice describe on this page to see if you can recover images from the app cache: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.html

Is it possible you are signed into the wrong account?  Are there other email addressed you use, any other addresses the might sign you into a different Lightroom account on your same device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charliethank you for your answer!

My first advice: do NOT delete the app from your device, especially if you are using the free app.  Nothing syncs to cloud storage for free accounts

Oh thanks, I was about to delete it

Is this Lightroom Mobile Android or OS? 

I'm using an Android

If this is Android, did you use a SD memory card that is no longer on the device?  

No, I didn't change it or even removed it for a second

Is it possible you are signed into the wrong account?  Are there other email addressed you use, any other addresses the might sign you into a different Lightroom account on your same device?

No, I haven't changed the account on my phone. As I said, I'm using the free trial and I still have 8 days left (or so) so it's the same account that started the trial that had all the pictures.

By the way, I have another account for lightroom on my computer but I never linked them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using a trial, then the photos should sync to cloud storage.  Do you see the photos if you sign into the same account using the Lightroom web app (in a web browser): https://lightroom.adobe.com

If you see the missing photos there, then this problem exists only in the LR Android app.

I'm on the iOS team, and hope someone more knowledgeable about LR Android can help more with any new thoughts/advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines