• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not importing to lightroom CC from Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary: Using updated version of photoshop and lightroom cc on an M1 macbook. 

Photos no longer export back to lightroom after making photoshop adjustments. Normally they would stack back in LRcc, but that no longer happens when I save and close the photo in PS. 

Previously, I would use the "share" button to send the file back to lightroom as a TIF, but since updating to the M1 update of PS yesterday, the share button is no longer in the options bar. So I generally have no way to export an edit back to LRcc after retouching/PS adjustments. Does anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should just Save the file in Photoshop after doing an edit. Not share. If you save, the file will automatically appear in Lightroom. So workflow is in Lightroom you select "Edit in Photoshop", the image opens in Photoshop. Edit it, then just save and a new file will appear in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was previously doing, and then that stopped working after I upgraded to the M1 macbook. I started using the share button when that stopped working, and now that's gone on the PS update. 

One fun fact; if I just do a quick clone stamp/resize, it will send it back to LR when I save and close. If I have multiple layers for a retouched portrait, it won't send it back to LR when I save and close. I have no idea what the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I can't reproduce that here. They always show back up. Might take a while if you have many layers before it gets uploaded. If it doesn't show up on just save (it is know to be flaky at times so no suprise), you might be running into a bug and I would post on https://feedback.photoshop.com . Thios forum is just other Lightroom users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I'm having the exact same problem on a Mac Mini M1. Works flawlessly on my I5 PC, except it can be extremely slow at times. Did you find the solution? If so, please tell me! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure didn't. Adobe Support is kind of an oxymoron. First they told me uninstall and reinstall 3 times, and then told me sending photos back and forth between PS and LRCC is impossible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Dustin. I tried reinstalling several times and I compared every Preference setting to the PC, but it only worked like it was suppose to for a little while and then stopped again for no apparent reason. Fortunately LR Classic/PS are working very quickly together on the M1 so my work process is much faster than the PC. All the best to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines