• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photos synced from Lightroom Classic have "Waiting for Settings" dialog on iOS Devices

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LrC on Mac (v12.3). When viewing images in LrMobile on my iOS devices (both iPhone and iPad), many of my images display "Waiting for settings". This has been reported elsewhere in these discussions. It was asserted recently that the April 2023 software update fixed the problem. It has not, or at least not for me. All my devices are running the latest OSes and latest Lr apps.

Help would be appreciated.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

The Virtual Copy behavior matches an existing bug we have and I am going to roll you into that report. I am moving this post back to LrC as it is not related to the Ecosystem Clients

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diagnosing your issue is a multi-stage process. 

First, identify a photo, by file name, that exhibits the "Waiting for Settings" dialog.  Locate that image in your Lightroom Classic catalog.  In Grid mode it should have a double-arrow syncing icon in the upper corner of the image. Is the icon present? 

If not: the photo is not syncing.  If so, click on the Cloud icon in the upper right of the Lightroom Classic display and note the syncing status. What does it say the status is?  Is there a large number of syncs pending?

Next, go to https://lightroom.adobe.com, log in with your Adobe ID and locate the "Sync Issues" album. See this  example: 

LightroomWebSyncIssues.png

Is the image in that album? If so, follow the instructions on the blank thumbnail to restore the file. 
If the image is not in that album, locate it in the web browser. Is the image up to date with current edits?  If you are unsure, assign a pick flag or star rating change to the image in Lightroom Classic, move to a new image to force sync, wait 30 seconds or so and then refresh the web page. Did the Star/Flag show up?

If the image is verified current in the cloud, then you will need to open your iOS device and allow time for the sync to take place. If there are other syncs ahead of it in line it may take some time. Does the image still show "Waiting for settings?"

If not, then you have remedied the issue.  If so, then your next step is to return to Classic and perform a minor edit like Exposure +.01, move to the next image to force sync, allow sync to occur and see if the issue resolves itself. 

Without any information regarding the state of sync in your Lightroom Classic catalog, it is hard to give precise information or steps. 

Generically: 

1.  Verify Sync from Classic is complete
  2.  Verify the sync has made it to https://lightroom.adobe.com
  3.  Verify the sync has made it to your iOS device if not, perform a small edit in LrC to tickle the process

Rinse & Repeat

When you reply, if this doesn't fix you, you will need to supply information about your system, OS Verion Numbere, LrC Version Number, LrM Version Number(s), internet connective speed, etc. 

With so little information it is hard to specific. 

You also have the option of contacting support and working with an agent who can see your computer and advise you. 

Generic Contact text: Your issue can best be resolved by contacting Adobe Customer Care at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html. Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Start Now” live chat link in the lower right of this page. Typing “Agent” into the chat text field will bypass the initial chat bot.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Thank you for the detailed steps to try. Here are some responses:

LrC is syncing 1,091 images, and it thinks it is completely synced; similarly, an individual image that is having problems also thinks it is synced.

At lightroom.adobe.com, there is no Sync Issues album; however, the same inidividual image is "Waiting for Settings" from my Mac, just like on LrM, so the problem is between my Mac and the cloud.

If I change a star rating in LrC (for example), that gets synced to the lightroom.adobe.com in just a few seconds.

If I increase the exposure by 0.01...nothing. No change in the cloud.

Here are some specifics of my configuration:

Mac Mini M1

MacOS 13.3.1

LrC 12.3

Internet connection: 822 Mbps down, 23 Mbps up

What to try next?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may also be relevant. All the images that aren't syncing are ones I've made adjustments to using the new AI masking tools. My suspicion is that's the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based upon this, I would recommend a rebuild of Lightroom Classic's sync data. 

Go to Settings/Preferences: Lightroom Sync tab
Hold down the Option Key and the [Rebuild Sync Data] button will appear

Click it

It will take some time to rebuild. 

Afterwards, does it sync?

If not, does tweaking it slightly make it sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebuilt the sync data. With the encouragement of small adjustments, the "Waiting for Settings" warning typically goes away, yet some of those images on the web are changing to reflect the actual edits in LrC and some aren't, and some of the images on the LrM are changing and some aren't. In at least one case, the LrM image is changing but not the corresponding image on the web(!), and in LrM, some of the images are changing but not their thumbnail. So just about every combination of syncing/not-syncing is now present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has syncing from all devices, PCs etc completed? Do you show LrC Status as Synced and Backed Up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they all say they are Synced and Backed Up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Web agree with each other and it is now only mobile that is out of sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, LrC/web/LrM all think they're synced, but not all the image edits are. Some images on the web don't agree with LrC but *do* on LrM; some images on LrM don't agree with LrC but *do* on the web. Very strange. Note, again, that all of the images that aren't syncing have had AI masking edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best next step is to create a collection in Lightroom Classic and move one or more of the files that are out of sync in Lightroom Web into this new collection. Set the collection to sync. Once it is synced and backed up on Classic but still out of date on Lightroom Web, make the collection public and share the link so that I can have the engineers review the file. It would be great if you could take a screenshot of the collection in LrC and LrW showing the difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied a couple of the offending images on-disk and imported separately into LrC, made several similar edits, and synced to the cloud and LrM. No problems. 

I then stopped syncing all collections in LrC and deleted all images in the cloud. I synced the new test collection. No problems. I resynced one of the collections I had been having problems with previously, and the same images in that collection had the exact same problems, just as before. 

So there we have it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there something on the LrC side I can purge/clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else I tried was to put one of the problem images in its own collection and sync. That has the same problem. However, if I make a virtual copy—in the same collection—the copy syncs no problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Virtual Copy behavior matches an existing bug we have and I am going to roll you into that report. I am moving this post back to LrC as it is not related to the Ecosystem Clients

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate