• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Lightroom iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have an iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB, running macOS High sierra 10.13.6. When I download the Photoshop installer or the Lightroom installer from my Adobe Creative Cloud account I get this message "Sorry, you'll need to upgrade your OS to run the newest version of Lightroom." When I check the minimum system requirements, the only thing that my iMac lacks is the 1GB GPU with Metal support. Does that mean I can't run Lightroom or Photoshop on my machine? Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum requirements are now 10.14 and above as Adobe no longer support anything below this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to install an older version of Photoshop or Lightrrom? And how to know which version supports my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this via the Creative Cloud App but selecting Other Versions via the (I think) three dot menu.

Photoshop 21 and Lightroom 3.4 should still work I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to jump onto your discussion here but it's related as it came up in search.

I'm running Lightroom and Photoshop (not cloud version) on a MacBook Air on Catalina. My catalogue and photos are all on an external drive. I want to be able to use my Mac Mini to get the benefits of a proper monitor. My problem is that my Mac Mini is stable on High Sierra and I want to leave it on that OS. It says it will only install Classic. Am I going to run into problems if I move backwards and forwards between computers? If so, I'll just have to climb under my desk every time I want to do some proper editing so that I can plug the monitor into my MacBook Air. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that. I hope you find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines