• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop edits do not 'arrive' in LR (fresh install MacBook Pro M1)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed LR, PS and Bridge (latest CC versions) fresh on a brand new Macbook Pro M1 pro. All file saving settings are on the standard default. Using only the Macs internal SSD, no external drives connected.

I've logged into my CC account and LR has my complete cataloge. So far so good. 

Now, when I send a photo to PS, after editing in PS I would hit 'save'. 

Problem: the changes made in PS do not appear in the image in LR. I would expect the changes to be stacked onto the original photo. No stack appears.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated, I have no clue where to start troubleshooting.

Macbook M1 pro with MacOS Ventura 13.0

Photoshop 24.1.0

Lightroom 6.1 Build 20221207

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. The order is what is important here. 
Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and help. Now, I found a fix that worked: Deleting the PS preferences when starting PS resolved the issue. Thanks to everyone who was taking time to help me out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.1 Build 20221207

One bit of confusion, can you clarify.

Are you using Lightroom Classic, currently v12.1, or Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud Based) currently v 6.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP says he's using Lightroom 6.1 Build 20221207. You even quote that. How's that confusing?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the cloud based version both of PS and LR. Thanks for your time and effort. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I do not claim that's the explanation, I would first update MacOS Ventura. The current version is 13.1, not 13.0.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing....just using "Save" doesn't bring the file back to Lightroom, you actually have to then close the file in PS (keep Lightroom open while you do that). As soon as the file is closed in PS you should see the file (Tiff) appear in Lightroom where it should be stacked with the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was not precise enough. The image does not update after having saved and then also closed PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't close PS. Make your edit in PS, then do File>Save, then close the file in PS, leaving PS still running. Does the Tiff then appear back in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines