• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop edits made to .psd not syncing to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed something wierd between Lightroom 6.1 on macOS Monterey 12.6.1 and other devices and Lightroom Classic 12.1, also on the Mac.  I begin with a psd file in LrC, using CMD-E to edit it in Photoshop 2023 (Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64).  I use Image > Canvas Size to create a key line and border, and the Horizontal Type Tool to add text to the border.  The result is saved and shows up as expected in LrC.  (See Bluestone XV_THB1404-Edit.IG.psd.)

I then add this image to a collection for which "sync to Lightroom" is checked.  When I look at Lightroom (not Classic) on the Mac or my Android phone, the added key line and border are missing.  (I couldn't seem to get Lr to export a psd file, so I exported it as a jpeg: Bluestone XV-LR.jpg.  You'll have to take my word for it that it looks that way in Lr.

If, on the other hand, when I am in Photoshop and File > Save As to save it as a tif file and then add that file to the same collection, the key line and border (with text) are present as expected.  

In LrC, both images appear with the key line, border and text, whereas in cloud-based Lightroom, they appear in the tif file, but not the psd.  What could be going on here?

TOPICS
Android , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log into your account at https://lightroom.adobe.com and look at the file in a web browser, is it the updated version or the same version you see in Lightroom Desktop?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings, Rikk, and Happy New Year.  Thanks for taking the time to think about my question.

Using the browser interface, I see the same as in Lightroom (cloud-based) on the laptop and on my Android phone.  That is, two versions:  the psd file without the key line and border and the tif file with the key line and border.  In LrC, both versions have the key line and border.

Also, I tried the process with a different image file, and the psd version made it to Lightroom (cloud-based) with all the Photoshop changes (key line and border) intact.  So this appears to be a one-off.  I'm thinking there must be something strange in the original psd file such that it does not sync properly from LrC to Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines