Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Edits not Updated to Lightroom Photo

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Whom it may conern,

I am using the most updated version of Photoshop and Lightroom.

I saw that there was an 'Edit in Photoshop' option and that it would automatically be saved in my Lightroom. Unfortunately I am not seeing the updated photo that was from Photoshop in my Lightroom. 

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are using Lightroom Classic, as Photoshop is not included in the Lightroom-only plan.

It's not "automatically saved", when you have finished working on the image in Phososhop you must manually use the "Save" option (not "Save As"), then the updated photo should appear as a Tiff or PSD file (as per your Lightroom Preferences) alongside the original image in Lightroom.

If you've done that, and still not seeing the Tiff/PSD, there are a few possible reasons for that (perhaps you're using a filtered source, or maybe the selected sort order means the returning derivative is not sorted alongside the original). Right-click on the original file, select "Go to Folder in Library" and you should see the derivative Tiff/PSD alongside the original (make sure the sort order is set to Capture Time or File Name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get any answer for this issue. I'm having a very similar issue, and can't find anyone who can assist. There is an endless amount of info/video's out there on the internet for Lightroom Classic  > Photoshop workflow, but minimal info/discussions on the Lightroom Cloud based Desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also looking for an answer to this issue. I've recently updated computer and any photoshop edits I make are still sitting in the Temporary Edits file within the Lightroom Library cache. I don't know how to fix it! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines