• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop/Lightroom Mobile: "Edit in Photoshop" reduces image size

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I am missing something, since this is a big deal and I can't find discussions on this topic.

My RAW pics are about 6000x4000 px. When I use the "Edit in Photoshop" command on Lightroom Mobile the image is opened correctly but on image info I can see a size which is roughtly 3000x2000 or less, and not the original one at all. 

Is there a way to keep that at the original size?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

In order to be able to download the full res file from the cloud, to allow you to edit in PS on your iPad, you first have to upload the full res image TO the cloud. You can't do that from LrC, you can only do that by importing the original file into any of the Lightroom apps (desktop, mobile, or Web). If an image has already been synced from LrC as a smart preview, you can then import it separately to one of the Lightroom apps and the cloud server will replace the existing smart preview with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did those pictures get into Lightroom? Did you perhaps sync them up from Lightroom Classic? If you did, then they are smart previews, not original raw files. Smart previews have a 2560 pixel longest side.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are synced from LC.

I understand the issue then. Is there any way to download the full size file before editing the photo?

Giuseppe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to be able to download the full res file from the cloud, to allow you to edit in PS on your iPad, you first have to upload the full res image TO the cloud. You can't do that from LrC, you can only do that by importing the original file into any of the Lightroom apps (desktop, mobile, or Web). If an image has already been synced from LrC as a smart preview, you can then import it separately to one of the Lightroom apps and the cloud server will replace the existing smart preview with the original, thus making it available to download to LrMobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all. I understood.

I guess I will have to use Lr and LrC together, since Lr is lacking so many features I normally use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines