• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures are pixelated until I zoom in

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing a picture, they'll often show up very pixelated and hard to see.  See attached picture for reference:

Pixelated Picture.JPG

It's particularly bad on blue sky pictures, but not as bad when there's more texture.  I've purged my previews cache and tried creating 1:1 previews, standard previews, whatever.  The only way I can get the pixelation to go away is when I click to zoom in.  Then it clears up, I can zoom out, and all is well.  However if I edit, move onto another picture and come back, it will have the same pixelation until I zoom in and out again.

Any idea how to keep this from happening?  It's really slowing down my workflow and is massively distracting as I edit (in other words I can't just ignore it).

Key computer specs:

Lightroom Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ]
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
Built-in memory: 32645.8 MB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in case anyone else comes across this, I think I solved it.  In Edit>Preferences, then under the Performance tab, I unchecked the box marked "Use Smart Previews instead of Originals for image editing".  Now when I go to a pixelated image, it snaps to a full resolution picture almost immediately.  I don't seem to be taking a performance hit, and the quality is what it needs to be instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and you saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines