• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixel 6 pro DNG / JPG

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When autoupöoafing pictures from my Google Pixel 6 pro to LR mobile, DNG and JPG are not treated as one picture but uploaded as separate pictures. Also the DNG versions looks unprocessed, i.e. basic adjustments visible in the JPG version are not reflected. This is different from my Huawei P30 or my earlier Samsung Note 20 ultra. In Google Photos app, pictures look ok. Any suggestion?

Uploaded a screenshot with DNG on left, JPG on right. 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to clarify this for you.

JPEG images are flat and lossy compressed image files pre-cooked by the camera software/image processor on the phone. On the other hand, DNG images contain RAW/unprocessed information about the image and offer a wide range of editing paths.

JPEG is usually an end product of a professional editing session for universal compatibility and faster sharing options. The file is small in size and suitable for digital displays.

RAW images might seem unprocessed or not the best for just viewing. However, being creative and expressing yourself by editing the image remain entirely in your control when editing a RAW/DNG image.

Check this article to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/raw-vs-jpeg.html

We hope this helps.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your feedback. However, this was not my question. Let me try
to better explain: one can have LR to combine the JPG and DNG files as one
picture in the catalogue. I am aware that you can disable this in the
catalogue preferences. Yet, other than for my Leica, my mirrorless cameras
and my previous phoned, this does not work with RAW and JPGs taken with my
Pixel 6 Pro - even when RAW are converted to DNG upon import.
Hope that clarifies.
Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

btw: appologies for the typo at the start of my first message. It should say "autoimporting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines