• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Planning to Change from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm certain that I'm simply thick and lack the time, but I've completely given up on the Lightroom Classic plan I'm currently using. The editing tools are exceptional and easy to use, but the catalog aspect is to me sadistic and unintelligible and I've given up.

I'm on a 2015 Macbook Pro 2.7 Ghz retina with 8 gbs ram. Could someone describe the editing tools available in the Lightroom program that are only found in Lightroom Classic, for example, is the masking tool available in Lightroom, or is an M1 Mac required to use it?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the System requirements here- but I doubt you 2015 MacBook will be compatible (OS?).

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html?promoid=2K4PCHD1&mv=other

2022-07-12 08_29_44-Lightroom system requirements — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

The Editing features are mostly similar in both LrC and Lr and you will find a comparison chart in this link-

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

And you can use the 'Migrate' tool to convert a LrC Catalog to a Lr (Cloud based) version.

That decision is yours to make.

Your current Photography Plan would include both LrC and Lr. It might be worth syncing some files in LrC Collections and viewing these in Lr IF possible! You would need LrC v10.4 to sync!

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that really helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines