• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add photo duplicate on iPad os

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating to have to use my pc to duplicate a photo and then use my iPad when I want to try out different editing style.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered trying the "Versions" feature to "try out different editing style"? The feature works quite well, and of course the versions sync to all the other Lightroom apps (but not LrClassic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I am looking for. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for this feature please.....

versions is not really an option when you want to do a bulk export! And then have to remember which photos you did an alternative version of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been extremely frustrating for me too; versions is ok for save points during an edit, sort of, but is in no way a replacement for virtual copies.  My workaround has been to open in photoshop, add an empty layer so that it identifies the photo as changed, and send back to Lightroom.  That creates a second copy as a tiff file (note that you can't reopen in photoshop like you could in classic, it has the same behavior as CC and flattens the layers the next time you send it to PS) There seems to be a resolution drop with each round trip, and you lose some dynamic range because you're no longer working with the raw file, but for something like needing alternate crops that don't need full res it more or less works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to open Photoshop!

Share the photo by [Export As...] and adding directly to the Lr Catalog.

I gave a similar reply for iPhone at- It should work the same for iPad

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/adding-watermarks-without...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add an Upvote to this Ideas thread, which is monitored by the engineering team:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/quot-make-a-copy-quot-in-lr-mob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines