• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pls help: Persistent color shift/desaturation (Nokia 9 PureView)

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe and community friends,

I really need your help because I'm at my wits' end.

Since a couple of months, every RAW file (.dng) from my phone imported in Lightroom Mobile shows a persistent color shift, both during editing and after export.

When editing, a couple of seconds after loading the photo, the entire picture become washed out/greyed out/desaturated. This is especially noticeable in reddish colors, such as human lips and skin. The same RAW files are displayed correctly in Google Photos or 3rd party apps. The exported files (JPG) display the same color shift but permanently, across all platforms and devices.

The phone I'm using (Nokia 9 PureView) is a strange device that uses all 5 cameras to make the raw file, so this problem might be a bug limited to this device. LR Mobile devs have originally worked together with Nokia to make sure the app would work with this device, but my phone has now becomes USELESS for photography since this bug appeared!!

Findings:

1. Color shift, during editing and after export. Entire picture become washed out/greyed out/desaturated, a couple of seconds after loading the photo.
  2. Changing export settings, from let's say sRGB to Adobe RGB, doesn't seem to solve it.
  3. Changing the phone's display settings has no effect.
  4. Changing lens profile correction has no effect.

If you have any solutions or suggestions please help me.

I would also really appreciate if this issue is forwarded to responsible parties so that it can get solved through a further update. It's been many months now and this has becoms very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forwarded this problem to Adobe, it seems this might be a bug related to Nokia 9 PureView!!

Hope others can still contribute?

I've noticed similar issues have popped up in the past with Samsung Galaxy series and LG phones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting your color profile to 'embedded' in lightroom. Its hidden in the legacy collection of profiles.  Don't use Adobe color standard, ect.  They really destroy the Nokia 9's delicate color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, thank you so much!!

Pleasantly surprised someone finally replied. If I may ask, how did you stumble upon this thead?

Looks like such a niche issue, nobody seems knowledgeable.

I can confirm some of the color issues (about 70%) got better after changing the color profile to embedded. (Overall color scheme is much better, clarity tool can now be used normally without getting the "jaundice" effect or excess darkening in the final image. But there is still a big issue of reddish hues (on human faces and lips, especially under artificial light) turning to greyish/muted after the image finally loads up (and remaining after export). This doesn't happen in Google Photos, Snapseed or other apps, I have no idea why (image looks fine in grid view though!).

I have a some questions and wonder if you'd be kind enough to explain:

1. What in the hell are legacy profiles with embedded colors and why were they hidden in the first place?
  2. If part of this issue occurred after an update, what exactly happened/changed? (Did they push embedded colors into a hidden section? Did they stop applying it as default? I never paid much attention to profiles and just always assumed it was on Adobe Standard.)
  3. In the photo import options, I've always had "Camera Settings" instead of "Adobe Default". Shouldn't the photos then automatically be opened with embedded colors? If not, what is the bloody point of this stupid setting anyway?
  4. I now have to manually change the profile to embedded every time. This is annoying. Why isn't there a way to do this automatically when photos are imported/loaded? The only workaround I can think of is to make a "custom preset" (with embedded color profile in it) applied to imported photos, which is still superfluous.

Anyway thanks again and wish you all the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines