• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Plugin Support

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Plugin support for Lightroom CC! Ability to seamlessly use plugins like Topaz Denoise or Aurora HDR are the only thing missing for me in lightroom CC. Exporting, editing in other app, exporting again and importing back to lightroom is a huge pain.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
59 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use plugins. Nowhere to be found in the new UI, the top menu, the help search, there is no sign of them. Are they well hidden? Do I have to build my own from scratch? This alone defeats the very purpose of using Lr as a tool to speed up your process. Now I have to work more and take more time. Oh well.I'm closing this and going back to Lr Classic. See you in 2 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not in there yet, but I'll switch this to a feature request. Classic's the right tool for you right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the way Lightroom CC is heading. That said I'm not quite ready to switch yet because there are still too many of the great Classic features missing in CC. The one feature I miss the most is plugin support for other external editors like Affinity Photo or Luminar 2018.

Are you guys planning to implement this soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - even though HDR processing is there, I prefer to use external applications to do so. Without the plugin capability, I can't switch over to the new Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely agree! Please add external editors. That is a deal breaker for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also agree! Would like to switch over from Classic to CC, but until there is plugin support (Luminar, Aurora HDR), can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, support for other apps such as Luminar or Aurora HDR would make me switch fully as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the user interface and sync of the new Lightroom a lot. However, sometimes I want to use external editors for some of my photos like Photolemur and Luminar. And the workflow for using external editors is terrible.

The current workflow:
1. Export photos.
2. Edit in an external editor.
3. Import photos back into Lightroom.
4. Add pick flag to new photos.
5. Add photos to correct albums.
6. Stack the photos with the original photo.
7. Make sure the new photo is the top of the stack.
8. Remove pick flag from original photos (this is required to prevent doubles showing up in shared albums).

I recently did this with 100 photos. Step 1-3 took just over an hour. Step 4-8 took 4 hours.
The end result is a mess and not really what I want.

The workflow I wish we had:
1. Export photos.
2. Edit in an external editor.
3. Import photos back into Lightroom as new versions/layers (lightroom automatically matches the photos up with the original and replaces the originals (original still available through history/layers), metadata is copied from the original to the new one, all flags/ratings are applied to the new one, it is placed in the same albums).

And no, plugins would not be a good enough solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom cc I can right click a photo and say edit in photoshop.  I can then browse to elements and it will open the program, but it will not open the photo in elements.  Also a way to export photos to shutterfly or any other program without saving it first on my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rachel,  

For RAW did you convert the RAW photos to TIFF or any other format?  Normally RAW photos are in 16 bit in the camera and on a computer until you print them, then the printer will want to change them to an 8 bit file.  Printers won't take a compressed 16 bit file as it goes to print.  Likewise, I wonder if your files are not being saved to another folder because you didn't convert their 16 bit to 8 bit.   I'm not sure what your JPG files are doing.   

SL   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is allowing plugins to work with LR CC Cloud based in the plans? If not, it really cripples the app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys

I’m considering lightroom cc (non-classic), but I really need native plugin support and/or ”edit it”  apps like Luminar and Aurora, without having to go through photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BoFahlbergMadsen,

You may install presets and profiles in Lightroom CC, please take a look at this article for more info: How to install Presets and Profiles in Lightroom CC

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC doesn't support plugins of any kind. Lightroom Classic does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Lightroom CC, having come from Aperture. To my dismay I find I can't use an alternative to Photoshop for an external editor, unlike Aperture. This is unduly restrictive on the part of Adobe, especially as it is available on Lightroom Classic. There is not an easy way to to get it into an external editor. I wish to use TIFF format, but my only option is to save it in original (RAW) format, which then doesn't bring the edits with it when I open in the external editor. Defeats the purpose of using Lightroom. Adobe, please add in the necessary code ASAP - should be easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying and seemingly completing automated and manual installation procedures there is no sign of a Smugmug plugin.

Does Lightroom CC version support plugins? If no then why is not made clear anywhere?

The installation process went on without errors. I acquired the plugin on Adobe-exchange, then Adobe Creative Cloud synced with its desktop version, and subsequently it notified me that it installed my Smugmug plugin. But there is no sign that the plugin is installed.

While troubleshooting I came across several reports that plugins are not supported.

The only reason I bought Lightroom because it promised to sync with my Smugmug account.

Am I doing something wrongly or I was misled and cheated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. And you're doing nothing wrong, just being confused by Adobe's product names. The thing you've downloaded is the cloud-dependent Lightroom program for Mac/PC, like a version of the mobile app but for PC/Mac and without many features. The program that has always been called Lightroom is now called Lightroom Classic, but one can't expect everyone else to redo their web pages and documentation every time Adobe change product names around. So if you want to use the SmugMug plugin, use Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 the flow of having to export and re-import is a pita especially since classic supported this reasonably well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo!

Ich arbeite seit einigen Wochen mit Lightroom CC nachdem ich bisher nur mit ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate meine Fotos nachbearbeitet habe. 
Im Internet finde ich eine Reihe von Blogs über die Einbindung von JPEGMini in Lightroom. Das wäre für mich sehr wichtig, damit ich die Fotos für unsere Website bestmöglich ohne sichtbaren Qualitätsverlust komprimieren kann.
Ligthroom CC bietet scheinbar keine Einbindung von Plugins an. 
Welche Lösung ist für mein Problem zu empfehlen?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Importing plug-ins is currently not supported in Lightroom (Cloud based). The JPEGmini plug-in (as per the information published on there website) is compatible with Lightroom Classic.

You can install the plug-in on Lightroom Classic and use it on the desktop. You can submit a feature request for adding support for plug-ins to Lightroom (cloud based) at the link below. This forum is monitored by our developers and they can check the feasibility of the feature. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't switch to Lightroom CC because of this as well. At least on desktop, I want to be able to send videos and photos to separate external editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any updates with the plugin 2020 supporting plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, there is for Lightroom Classic, but not for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well why the H not? Not a great idea Adobe. Might have to revert back to Aperture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using classic awhile pack and switched to Lightroom CC

I even find the edit in Photoshop function to be superslow when opening photoshop

I use the Luminar plugin in Photoshop and works ok (slow)

I think Luminar flex is a better option to utilize Luminar as a plugin. I have not tried this yet

Votes

Translate

Translate