• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor performance on Apple M1 processor with native compiled Lightroom CC 4.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrolling through the library is jerky and slow, transitioning between images using the keyboard arrows is delayed and unresponsive, and switching to/from the gallery view to the edit view can take several seconds before the image begins to load.  The entire computer intermittently hangs when opening Lightroom CC 4.1 and feels noticably "heavy." At times Lightroom CC 4.1 uses over 100 GB of swap and crashes all open apps, see attached screenshot. By comparision, Apple's Photos.app, Darkroom, DXO PhotoLab, etc... experience no such delays and are extremely responsive when editing large 100mb+ RAW images.

I am using the latest version of Lightroom CC 4.1 on a maxed out M1 processor (16gb ram, 2tb ssd) running MacOS Big Sur. I also tried running the 11.1 Public Beta with no improvement. Poor performance tested on both MacBook 13" M1 and MacMini M1 connected to a ProDisplay XDR. I've tried re-installing, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration, resetting all settings, enabling/disabling local cache of image and previews. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problems here, importing

mulriple raw files and editing them is hit and miss. Sometime it does do a good job and applies batch edit , sometimes it hangs up in same amount of job. It crashed the computer several times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on MacBook Pro M1 with Bigsur11.1 and 16gb ram 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the same issues above mencioned occures whith my M1(8GB) but is worse because i coldn't get a M1 whith 16RAM. I call Apple and they say that I have to reset to factury mode. I'm in a workflow whith literaly one 1000 images (!@#$%ˆ($ˆ!$)36Mpx. Adode said that I shoud know the requirements for lightroom vr 10... and try to solve installing version 9. 

My IMAC Late 2012 is faster then this. We should make this public. Spread out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues! So frustrating. Has anything helped? I'm about to return this macbook air and go back to my old pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The official Adobe feedback site is probably the better place to report issues such as these. This is primarily a user-to-user forum, where community users try to help other users deal with their Lightroom issues, but there's probably nothing we can do to assist with this particular problem.....the information really needs to get to the Adobe engineers. FWIW, I also see high levels of RAM utilisation using an M1 Mini with 16GB of RAM, though I haven't managed to get anywhere close to 110GB, that's insane. About 18GB is the most I've see so far, but that's just with a few minutes of rapid Grid scrolling or Loupe walking. Doing the same actions using LrClassic is topping out at 5GB of RAM, and is noticeably smoother (which is surprising!).

There's a current thread at the official site dealing with memory issues in Lightroom, you might consider adding your voices over there: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-memory-l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines