• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post to Instagram

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been unable to post from Lightroom mobile to Instagram like I normally do. The 'Open in App' share option is missing in iOS 16.  The 'share with app' option is useless; it doesn't allow me to scale or do any adjustments and sometimes cuts off the head in pictures (because there's no control). 

can anyone help?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Oliver24321595inqp 

We're having trouble reproducing your issue.  Does it help if you sign out and back into Instagram, or perhaps re-install Instagram in case that helps it register as a share target on your device?  Is LR the only app having trouble reaching IG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing Instagram does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying and replying back.  Do you have other apps on your device that you also use with Instagram?  Do they have the same trouble?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue when I upgraded to iOS 16 - I lost the 'open in app' option on the long press. Apparently it's a known issue. Ultimately I had to downgrade back to iOS 15 in order to regain the option. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe issue or an Apple issue. Either way it sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Really shocked that there's not more information about it. Trying to guess how many people actually shared from LR to instagram on ios. Seemed like it must be lots but then times however many people use the feedback.

It felt like an ios regression to me, but one that might need to be fixed by LR or maybe even Insta. The whole open in/share in thing has always been snafubar but this was my pattern for a majority of stuff I posed to insta and it suckes that it's broken. Export to camera roll is basic AF, especially when it used to work. But I never understood why Insta would have these two different UIs anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding Instagram app option via 'Open in..' options. We have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end. I am attaching a screen recording from iOS 16.x device where I long tap on a photo in the grid mode and going to 'Open in..' shows Instagram app. 

May be you can send us a similar screen recording and try to help you more.

Could you also provide the following info:

- Lr version

- Are you selecting one or more photos in the grid?

Looking forward to be able to help you resolve this issue on your end.

Cheers

Kavita Srivastav

Lightroom Quality Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines