• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Preview not editable” a lot in 7.01 iOS Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the "preview not editable" message on a lot of my photos in the iOS app these days. I try to download the original and it doesn't change. Is this a bug introduced with latest version? 

30E34CD6-F625-4CAB-A795-D267982C63E2.jpeg

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it looks like it hasn't finished syncing the Smart Preview or it's stuck. Try force quitting the app and restarting the phone to see if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me nothing works and I am ready to dirch this app now.  Worst update EVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and seems to have fixed it for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephenjc 

If you are using Lightroom on multiple devices, are you sure the images have finished importing from another device such that the photos and their smart preview copies are actually ready for editing on peer devices?

You may have issues that are stuck during sync.  If you sign into your same account at lightroom.adobe.com, do you see an album called Sync Issues with photos inside?  If so, 1) be sure have you backups of the originals stored safely outside of Lightroom, and then 2) delete the affected images.  Finally, 3) re-import the images. 

If incomplete uploads/sync issues aren't the reason why your Lightroom Mobil app can't edit the image, does it help if you make simply add a caption in Info view?  I wonder if metadata isn't flowing well, and pushing other kinds of metadata might unblock the image.

Please let me know if anything above, or if any other steps you've tried on your own help.

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem ... iPad OS and Lightroom are up to date and when I tap de cloud symbol it shows - Local: Preview - not editable ... what is the solution ???? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines