• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews disappear when I move photos to SD on Chromebook

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a relatively large micro SD inserted into my Chromebook for memory expansion.  Lightroom suggests that I move my photos there.  I would love to be able to do that, but when I do, Lightroom doesn't render any previews.  They are all gray in the grid view.  They are fine when I select an individual image, at random of course because I cannot see them. 

If I return the photos to internal memory, then the previews show up fine.  I specifically have the SD card to unload the internal memory.  It would be great to be able to use it...

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  My LR previews take up quite a bit of internal memory, but if I move them to SD, I cannot view them in the grid.  Pictures will show up when I click on the gray squares, but the program is essentially useless if the library is on SD.

I recently updated my Android tablet hardware and it handles moving the files to the SD just fine.  The problem is something unique to Chromebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to solve this? I have the same issue and can't find a way to resolve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No. I'm sure it has something to do with the differences of Android
running on Chromebook, but I haven't heard a peep. There is supposed to be
a big release of Chrome OS soon (91), but I doubt that it addresses this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines