Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews taking space outside catalog?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have (most) of my photos on my Synology NAS, but my catalog is on my hard drive on my PC.
I was generating some standard previews (+3000) and noticed the NAS was not only uploading (makes sence as lightrrom was reading the files), but also writing at 80 MB/s, and space was going down and down. My previews should be and are on the PC, so why was this happening? If I closed LR it woudl stop, if I open it it would do it again, so definitly was LR doing it...

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 'Automatically write changes to XMP' checked in the preferences? In that case you may see Lightroom writing to the XMP files (or in case of DNG and RGB files to the header of those files).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will have to check that, thank you for the tip, but I doubt that is the issue. The amount of data was rougly 70gb, I doubt the XMP files would take that much space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines