• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Previews won’t load in Lightroom for iPad Pro

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears there is a bug in Lightroom for iPad. When editing an album and swiping to the next image, lightrroom will not load the preview for the next image, even though I have all of the previews stored locally on my iPad. It will literally spin the loading wheel for as long as I'll wait. The only way I can get it to load is if I exit the individual image and go into the library view, then go back into editing the same image. I made a screen recording of this. 

There is also a second bug, where copying and pasting the new masking features becomes problematic. I have tried to copy and paste the Color Range and it doesn't copy over the hue and saturation adjustments individually made to that mask. At that, if there are multiple masks it sometimes displays it inside another mask for some reason.

I am using a 2021 Gen. 5 iPad Pro (512gb/8gb RAM) with latest iOS firmware and the latest available version of Lightroom for iPad on it. If there is a way I can email you the screen recording please provide me with instructions to do so.

Thank you.

Bug Started
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Setting status

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MBCPhotos 

Regarding the first issue where preview images aren't loading when swiping from one image to the next, I can't immediately so let me ask:

• are these images in albums that have Store Locally enabled? 
    • If so, are you sure Lightroom had time to finish syncing preview copies to your device?  If not, you'd see "pending" next to your album name.  
    • Does your device have available storage, or is it almost full?
    • My guess is these aren't the issue cause since you can exit and re-open "loupe" view to see the image. But I have to ask to be sure
  • ...Or are you saying the images should probably be stored locally because you imported them on this device and haven't used 'Clear Cache' in app settings?
  • Approximately how many photos are in your account? 
  • If this your seeing this in albums, how many photos are in your album?  

Regarding the copy/paste of edit settings, I wonder if this relates to a know issue where edits made via tapping on the slider bars to nudge the edit control can lose edits, whereas all edits are saved if you drag the slider.  If that's not the issue, yes a video screen capture would help a lot.  Using a desktop browser to view this forums tool, I see options to attach files to a post.  If you can do that, or share the video in a Lightroom album or single-image share, that could help us understand what steps are required to reproduce the issue you see.

Thanks for reaching out so we can help and investigate what you've reported here!

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

The images are stored locally and they are in an album. Both Lightroom versions had displayed "synced" in the top right corner. There is more than enough storage space on the iPad. Could it due to my cloud storage being mostly full? I don't see why that would be the issue though, what worlds be the point of storing files locally than? The album had less than 60 images and in my account they're probably 40,000. 

Yes, the copy & pasting does not work well with the new selection tools. It wouldn't let me attach a video, I tried initially. 

I've discovered another bug now. I don't have the ability to zoom in close when using the brush selection tool. It you exit the brush tool and zoom in it gets much closer than if you try to zoom while in the brush selection tool. It's a major inconvenience when retouching faces. 

Thank you,

Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could it due to my cloud storage being mostly full?" I also think this is unlikely.  We're continuing to try to reproduce your reported problem so that developers have an in-house example to debug.

Regarding copy/paste, I do recommend you try this where the edits have been made by dragging adjustment sliders vs tapping to nudge -- this works for me.

I also understand your feedback about zooming limitations while in brush/masking mode.  Your feedback is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie. I could email you a screen recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send you a direct message with info about how to share a video recording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,