Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pro Display XDR (sometimes) dims in fullscreen view

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I view an image fullscreen (press "F") in Lightroom CC 6.1, my Apple Pro Display XDR dims quite a lot after a second. Then when I press ESC to go back to my Lightroom CC, the image brightness jumps back to normal in the Lightroom app.

Is it my Apple screen or is it a bug in Lightroom CC 6.1?

Many thanks,

Alex

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for HDR display arrived recently as a Beta feature: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-beta-feature-hdr-output-feedback-thread/m-p/...

It could be hardware specific compatibility issue with your monitor. Would you mind sharing a video of this behavior & the type of images you work with? Are you working on Apple Silicone or an Intel-based device? Also, share your feedback on the above-shared thread.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for you reply.

To me it feels like a software issue because of the following: I noticed that when I move the mouse in fullscreen mode, the screen lights up back to normal. I don’t think a screen can detect mouse movement.

I also couldn’t record this problem directly on my Mac because the problem didn’t occur when I was recording. That’s why I recorded it with my iPhone.

I hope this will help.

All the best,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem in Photoshop on my mac mini 2020, running Ventura (brand new). using a Philips E line 4k display. I have tried mutiple color profiles from my System Settings > Display--they all do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines