Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem finding original photos and moving them from external drive to locally

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently migrated my catalog from Lightroom Classic to the cloud based Lightroom CC.

Now it appears that some files are missing and I can't find a way to tell LCC where to look for them. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Also, when I launch LCC it say's "Couldn't move certain photos" because the hard drive is offline. Then when I connect the hard drive it starts moving the original photos (~3500 photos) to Machintosh HD. This process takes forever and I don't now how to fix it. It is very frustrating.

Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 09.06.09.png

("apelsinen" is the name of my hard drive)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

There was some problem with the app. I tried to reinstall the app and it worked. Don't want it to happen again though. But maybe that is only if I change the location of the .lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @albertjonsson 

Since your question is about missing images in LR CC, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are migrating from LRC to LR, your images are being uploaded to the cloud not only taking forever but using up all of your bandwidth as well. A better way is to sync your images From LR to LRC - go the other way. If you want to share your images from LRC to LR, sync your collections.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was some problem with the app. I tried to reinstall the app and it worked. Don't want it to happen again though. But maybe that is only if I change the location of the .lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines