• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with importing photos from iPhone to Lightroom Mobile on iPad using cable | Bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to import a photos from iPhone directly to Lightroom Mobile running on iPad Pro 10.5" using cable and adapter. Some time ago it worked perfectly and very smoothly. 

Now when I'm trying to import photos from iPhone directly to LR Mobile in my iPad using cable and adapter it starts showing photos but after a while everything stops working. I have to disconnect and connect the cable and start the process from the beginning. Sometimes I even manage to import few photos when I do I it quickly but after a 30-40 seconds after connecting my iPhone to the iPad it stops again. It looks like iPhone disconnects. There is no more photo previews and no more photos transfer. All the process freezes. Very annoying.

I have checked different lighting cable, hard rested both devices, etc. Nothing helps. As I mentioned it worked some time ago. It is important for me because it's part of my workflow. Apart of using other camera I shoot also a lot of photos with iPhone in ProRAW and then       Used to import it using cable and adapter. It was the quickest way .. esp. hen traveling without good internet. 

BTW: Classic Import from iPhone to the iPad camera roll (not LR Mobile) using the cable provided by iOS works very well. The old way before Adobe introduced direct import from device to LR Mobile - it could be some workaround but more complicated and taking more time.

Devices:

- iPad 10.5, iOS 15.0.2

- iPhone 12 PRO, iOS 15.0.2

LR Mobile (iPad) ver. 6.4.1 BA059E/62

Kind regards, Aleksander

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why importing from a connected iPhone into LrMobile on the iPad isn't working, but why are you trying to do it that way? Surely it would be easier to also use LrMobile on the iPhone, then import directly there from the camera roll? All the imports would sync to your Adobe Cloud account and from there they would then all be available on the iPad as well as in Lr Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines