Copy link to clipboard
Bonjour ! I didn't have much time for photography over the last couple of years, things went a bit messy and I'm now trying to clean up my catalog and photo library.
Until recently, my main computer was an old 2009 iMac on which I was running Lightroom Classic with the latest version available for this machine. My originals were (and still are) stored on a NAS, with Smart Previews synced in the cloud through collections. Over the last 6-7 years, I also had 2 iPads, 3 iPhones and 2 Android devices auto-importing pics in Adobe cloud through Lightroom Mobile.
My main computer is now a PC, and I successfully imported the Lightroom Classic catalog from my iMac into Lightroom Classic on this new PC. I had to tell Lightroom were to find the originals due to a bug: Lightroom Classic couldn't find the originals on my NAS for folder names which contained accented letters. Come on, it's 2023 and yes we can use accents in folder names! Anyway, after telling Lightroom where to find the files on my NAS, I had a pretty clean catalog of all pictures taken with "proper" cameras (ie not mobiles). So far so good!
Now here comes the less fun part. I only have 20GB of Lightroom cloud storage and our mobile phones stopped sending their pics in Lightroom cloud via Lightroom Mobile around 2020 because my cloud was full. I don't really want these pics to be stored in the cloud anyway, it's just that it seems to be the only way to automatically have these photos transfered to the Lightroom catalog (iPhone -> Lightroom Mobile -> Lightroom Cloud -> Special folder in Lightroom Classic).
So basically, as long as my Smart Previews (which don' count towards the 20GB limit) are synced I dont really need the cloud storage (or maybe only temporarily as a convenient "bridge" between phones and hard drive).
A couple of questions:
1) When the Lightroom cloud storage is full, do Smart Previews still sync? I know they don't count, but maybe Adobe stops *any* syncing when the cloud storage is full?
2) I'd like to empty my Adobe cloud storage (except for Smart Previews, thats is). The problem is that when I open Lightroom aka Lightroom CC aka Lightroom Cloudy on my MacBook Pro (2nd computer on which I only use Lightroom aka Lightroom CC aka Lightroom Cloud, not Classic) I don't see any pic under the filter "Synced and Backed up". I have absolutely nothing either in "https://assets.adobe.com/files", so I'm wondering how my 20GB cloud storage is full?
3) In Lightroom aka Lightroom CC aka Lightroom Cloudy on my MacBook Pro, I can see weird things in Settings -> Local Storage. First, it says that the "Locally stored copies" take up 718 GB. It's impossible as I have a 500GB SSD. And anyway, its catalog only contain Smart Previews (the originals are on my NAS), plus max. 20GB of files auto-imported from mobiles through Lightroom Mobile. Why does it show 718GB?
4) I've checked the box "Store a copy of all originals" in Local Storage to see which originals are actually stored in the cloud. It does download pictures previously uploaded from mobile phones, which is exactly what I want, but then why do these pics do not appear under the filter "Synced and Backed up"?
5) If nothing appears under "Synced and Backed up", how can I empty my cloud storage?
Copy link to clipboard
Any help appreciated. I know my first post was longish, but to sum it up: if nothing appears under "Synced and Backed up", how can I empty my cloud storage that is currently full (I want to keep my Smart Previews in the cloud, though)? Thanks!