• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error in catalog index" when importing photos

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import photos into Lightroom CC, the import does not succeed and returns the error message "Error in catalog index". The import preview is able to "see" each photo and can open it, so I don't believe the problem is with the files themselves. This result is the same when I try to import the files directly from SD card, when I first copy the files to my local hard drive, and when I copy them to an external drive. I have attached screenshots showing the preview of the import, and the error message that I receive. Looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot the catalog index issue, or how to escalate this to a proper support request.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.42.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.43.21 AM.png

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service) This discussion needs to be in the Cloud Centric Forum. DO NOT MOVE IT BACK TO the Desktop forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Commenting in hopes we get a response ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as all above, has Adobe found any resolves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth, on a Mac/Catalina I was able to go to 'activity monitor' and close every Adobe related process in the list. Once I did that and restarted, things returned to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the Activity Monitor fix - still having the same issue. Adobe, any ideas here? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution found yet? I'm having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem with D7100 sd cards, Lightroom (not classic) Mac OS. jpg or raw the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's blatantly disrespectful that adobe has not provided any sort of solution after years of this being an issue. I have deadlines I need to hit and I dont have time for petty issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a solution in this similar thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/cannot-import-photos-quot-error-in-catalog-index-quot-light...

It involves deleting and rebuilding your local library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines