Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"O" does not work to cycle overlays

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

All the keyboard shortcut lists I find for Cloud Based Lightroom show that "O" should cycle overlays. Whether I have Crop, Brush, Healing etc selected.. "O" simply does nothing. I have to right click and select "Cycle Overlay" every time.

I'm using version 3.2.1. on Windows. 

Please help if you have any suggestions - much appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Not sure why it stopped working but having to right-click must be annoying. You may need to re-set the prfes so quit Lightroom. Then re-launch the app while holding down the Shift+Alt keys. Click yes to do the reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do some brushing. The selective tools (brush, gradient, radial) will show a red mask overlay after brushing/dragging as well as tool overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I have done some brushing, but I have to right click and select "cycle overlay" to see the red mask and/or tool overlay. Simply pressing "O" does not do anything at all. Other keyboard shortcuts seem to work.

It used to work.. but now it doesn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it stopped working but having to right-click must be annoying. You may need to re-set the prfes so quit Lightroom. Then re-launch the app while holding down the Shift+Alt keys. Click yes to do the reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's worked! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me... any ideas. Also right clicking doesn't work, I do have the crop tool selected. Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reset on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - I solved it like @99jon said. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as OP, additionally, the tutorials available through the help section would freeze up after a random number of steps. Using 99jon's solution solved both problems!! Now if only we reset the prefs on 2020 as easily 😛

Thank you 99jon!

-SCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..if only we could* reset.. (sorry ocd)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a life saver! Not really, but very good information! I thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines