• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Originals Waiting to be Moved" ??

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I got a new external SSD to use as the storage location for all my originals, while leaving smart previews in the cloud or on my internal harddrive. The originals used to be on another external drive, but it was having connectivity issues... anyways, I transferred the photos by plugging both drives in and then changing the "storage location" in LR preferences and then LR moved all the photos for me from one drive to the other... it took like 10 hours.

When it finished I thought everything was dandy, but I am realizing now that all I have are the smart previews and when I click the cloud dropdown window says it is 'all synced and backed up'... When I click the info tab, it says "Sync Status: Orginal Waiting to be Moved". This is the case with all my photos... not sure what the deal is. Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 9.04.35 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reconnect both of the drives again do you still see the message?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I connected both drives and tried again and this time it moved about 95% of them. Itsd missing about 5000 photos tho and is asking me if I want to try again... I guess I willl and hopefully it gets them all this time. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I tried again and now when it tried to move the photos, for some reason, it only moved 22 photos... the window said "moving 1 of 22 photos" even tho there are around 5k more photos it needs to move. It successfully moved the 22 tho. 

After that, I tried again, and it only tried to move 15 photos, but couldnt move any of them and gives me a message "Oops! We werent able to move all of your photos." with the options to 'Resume Later', 'Try Again', or 'Postpone for one Week'.  Trying again just results in the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restart the app, does the behavior change?

If you restart your computer, does the behavior change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not change the behavior... It seems to be only be trying to move 15 photos as well... In preferences > Local Storage, it shows this message (attached)... When I click 'Move Now' it restarts lightroom and tries to move the 15 photos but then says 'Oops! We couldnt move all your files' and I am back where I started. There are some 5k photos that need to be moved still tho, super frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point there are two things to try:

Preference file reset:

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Next step - clean installation:

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

Note you can perform these in either order as they do not affect one another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines