Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to Create Directory..."

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very frustrated because when I try to import any photo into the New Lightroom CC (not classic), I receive dialogue that says, "Unable to create directory. You do not have permission to save the file _____ in the folder _____." Please help!!

I have tried going into finder to adjust the "permissions" for the different files and folders, including the "ScriptingAdditions" library folder, but NOTHING has worked. I am running on a deadline and really need to figure this out. Please Help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

go to Adobe lightroom > preferences > local storate > reset... youre welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts are it’s to do with the folders that CC points to in preferences. That’s just a guess though.

As this is just a user to user forum and it’s best to post here: Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community as Adobe staff are more likely to pick technical issues up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC, I have the program set up to save to an external hard drive (due to very limited space on my Mac). Do you have any suggestions for what I should try to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevins,

Sorry that you're getting an error "Unable to create directory. You do not have permission to save the file" while saving a file in Lightroom desktop.

You likely still have a permission issue at the drive or folder level. You will need to use the Mac OS to change the permissions for your User Account for that (and perhaps other) locations. If changing doesn't work you may need to repair your permissions. 

This may be of help for Repair instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@akash, I'm having the same issue. Disk permissions don't fix this issue. I, as I'm sure other people here are completely unable to backup their images which is beyond concerning considering this is the service we're paying for. 

Could this be an issue with using an external drive to store originals? Lightroom does not even specify which disk is having the issue or for which backup. On top of which, no error is received ulness you click the very tiny import progress bar while the import is aparently progressing. Additionally, when I attempt to import 200 images, my Lightroom is telling me in the progress bar that it's attempting to import 1100 images. Would love some insight ASAP into this here please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to Adobe lightroom > preferences > local storate > reset... youre welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat. Thanks flashyx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a champion. This is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you're a hero.
You deserve to get payed by Adobe more than Akash apparently, because in 10 words you helped us more than Akash in 7 full sentences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a week-long issue for me. 

I guess my search skills weren't working because I JUST found this thread

It totally worked - OMG - thanks so much!!!!

This is why I love the internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geniooooo. En español debes ingresar a ajuste del sistema de Adobe cc y restaurar el caché. Intalar el programa nuevamente desde la pagina de safari de adobe, ( no desde el App store). así me funcionó, volví a respirar-   :  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don'tneed to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines