• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Waiting for Settings" happening regularly with LR Mobile since updating LrC to v12

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only noticed this since updating to LrC v12, but I'm getting regular "Waiting for Settings" messages with photos in LR Mobile (iOS version) on photos which I've edited on LrC. Attached screenshots show the message. The only option is to keep waiting or overwrite all the edits that have been done. The screenshots were from 11/10 and some of them say that the edits were done in late October so almost two weeks and, for some reason, they have not sync'd over to LR mobile from LrC. I have even done a Rebuild Sync Data on LrC recently and it fixed the issue for some photos but not others. If the data hasn't sync'd in almost 2 weeks, unclear if it will ever do so and why on earth it would take this long to sync the information.

Unless v12 broke something that needs fixing, I assume there is a way to make this stop happening so that small amount of edit data are sync'd quickly as I've never encountered this issue in the past roughtly 4 years of using LR mobile until updating to v12. 

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it permanently? 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

I get a "Waiting for Settings" condition quite often, but I find that I can easily clear it by making a tiny inconsequential slider change on the affected image in LrC (usually just make a +1 adjustment to the Texture slider in the Basic panel, but it could be any slider). After the adjustment syncs, the problem in Lightroom usually clears. 

Worth a try?

The permanent fix would be to wait for Adobe to fix the problem. They are aware of it, so hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a "Waiting for Settings" condition quite often, but I find that I can easily clear it by making a tiny inconsequential slider change on the affected image in LrC (usually just make a +1 adjustment to the Texture slider in the Basic panel, but it could be any slider). After the adjustment syncs, the problem in Lightroom usually clears. 

Worth a try?

The permanent fix would be to wait for Adobe to fix the problem. They are aware of it, so hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks. That did the trick. Weird. Look forward to the fix from Adobe. Very annoying, particularly because it means that the photos I'm most apt to want to edit and work on are no longer available on the mobile version unless I want to reset and start from scratch, which is a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, just stumbled across this, and it worked for me, so thank you. 

One question, if you have a batch of say, 50 photos, is there a way of telling which ones have the "Waiting for Settings" issues? I found this one by accident, so now am worried there are more I don't know about. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to have to post again to this thread, but have continued to have the problem with a twist. It happens routinely with files syncing edits from what is made on LrC desktop (currently on v13.0.1) where I get "waiting for settings" but usually a minor tweak to a setting will kick it into gear. But now I'm having photos that just won't ever sync settings, even when I tweak a slider or two. They are all DNG files that were originally OM Raw files to which I've applied AI Noise option in LrC desktop.

How to get these files that just won't sync even with setting adjustments to actually start syncing to the Adobe cloud system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that for the three photos that keep saiying "waiting for settings" on Lr Mobile, those specific photos have the three dots under the sync icon. So, it appears they are forever trying to sync. But, it's been a week so something is hung up somewhere. In addition, I selected OPTION in the Lightroom Sync tab in the Preferences and did a Rebuild Sync Data after this problem started. In the past that has fixed sync errors, but did not fix these. Other thoughts on how to fix so these three actually sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still moving from LRC to LR. So far keep uploading photos to both. LRC as backup. I recently moved all my 2022 photos from internal disk to external one to make more space. Since then many (not all) pictures in LR lost their settings (but previews are still OK ?!!!!). I was not even processing them using LRC (only in LR). Editing is not possible even after pressing reset. I have to manually delete those photos upload backup and start editing again. Adobe - I pay you lots of money every month. I am getting tired with this nonsense. Please be kind and respectful to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem ("Waiting for settings") a year later so presume Adobe haven't fixed it. I raised a bug report but they haven't responded. Making small edits on the non-Classic versions isn't an option as there are too many photos to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone is interested, I think I solved both problems (i.e. edits made in LR Classic not appearing in LR mobile for synched photos + the dreaded 'Waiting for settings' message in the mobile app versions) - for me anyway. I hope it helps someone else..........

I clicked on a button that I've never used before - the 'Synch settings' button next to the 'Auto Synch' button at the bottom right corner of the Library view in LR Classic. I've not used this button before in several years of using LR Classic, in fact I think it was previously greyed out (& is again now after my "fix). Selecting 'Synch settings' showed me all the attributes that are synched but I noticed that for my synched collection (the only one where the 'Waiting for settings' and missing edits problems were exhibited), the masking option wasn't ticked; everything else was.

So, I ticked that Masking option and initiated a manual synch and hey presto, all my edits from LR Classic appeared in LR mobile and the 'Waiting for Settings' message in LR mobile disappeared! On the downside, the photos in both LR Classic and LR mobile (for this collection only) all then had their exposure changed. On looking at the develop history, every photo had a 'Paste settings' step added after the very last action I'd taken (which is always 'Export' in my case). I had to go through 200+ photos and revert the last action to the Export step (ie the penultimate step shown in the develop history). Strangely, even when coming out of Develop mode into Library mode, or exiting LR Classic altogether and re-starting it, the rogue, new 'Paste settings' step is still shown in the history panel as the last action but as the penultimate step (Export) was still highlighted, the Paste settings step wasn't applied. Usually the process I followed would have removed that 'Paste settings' step from the history.

So, to the cause........

Honestly I don't know but I do know these things for sure:

1. I didn't change the sync settings options to stop synching masking. I've never used the ''Synch settings' button before and would never have a reason to stop synching masking.
  2. I didn't add a paste settings step to the 200+ photos after I exported them. In my workflow, export is always the very last thing I do. I guess it must have been done to the whole collection in one go but I wouldn't even know how to do that.
  3. At some point between when I imported the photos into LR Classic and the error happening, there was an upgrade to LR Classic and a requirement to create a new catalog. I'm suspicious that this was the cause of the problems but can't be sure. However, I can think of no other possibilities (although this wouldn't explain the similar problems others have described in the past).
  4. I'm on the very latest versions of MacOs, iOs, LR Classic etc.

Hope this helps others and also that the problems don't re-occur.

(N.b I was disappointed that Adobe didn't try to help me fix this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the 'sync settings' button to activate?  Mine is always greyed out and I can't click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry this won't be a great answer but per my post above "in fact I think it was previously greyed out (& is again now after my "fix)." In other words, the Auto Synch button & the Synch Settings button were greyed out prior to me having the 'Waiting for Settings' message (when I first noticed they were available to use i.e. not grey out) , but having done what I described above, they both greyed out again (& remain greyed out now). Maybe there's somewhere in the top (drop-down) menu that it a way of activating the buttons, but I can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem re-occur on another collection yesterday. From a small collection of 32 photos, 12 of them got the 'Waiting for settings' message on my iphone and iPad. There was nothing consistent about how these photos had been edited that would give a clue to why these 12 and not the other 20 had the problem. This time, the method that I used previously didn't work but the method suggested elsewhere did work. I adjusted white balance temp by a tiny value of 1, and as I did that, LRC synched that photo and the message disappeared on the iphone and iPad. This is going to be a complete pain if Adobe don't fix it soon - there are obviously multiple paying customers who are suffering it, having their time wasted by Adobe, and losing faith is Adobe's ability to provide a working ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Auto Sync and Sync Settings button become active when you select more than one image. These have been there forever, and are for syncing between images locally, not for syncing with the cloud.

That being said, as other people have stated, making any edit change to an image seems to "unstick" it, and get it synced to the cloud. So if you use these buttons, and change the edit settings of the photos, it will fix the problem, for those particular images, at that particular edit state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info about the Auto Sync and Sync Settings buttons.

Hopefully Adobe will fix whatever's broken in their ecosystem so that we don't have to keep making unnecessary edits just to keep ourour photos in synch between different devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this using LR on my iPad and iPhone. Apparently both are up to date and yet the phone is missing the data that the iPad has. 
So what's the point of being mobile if you can't continue editing when mobile?. It's all very well moving a slider on another device, but if you dont have that device with you then you cant use LR on the go. 

Obviously it's our money Adobe want and not our satisfaction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm getting this message too. All the files are jpgs with no developsettings applied.  All just exports from raw and tiff files after running topaz sharpening. Doesn't seem like there is a reasonable fix at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely appalling.  I have all the problems mentioned here.  mac studio m2 chip, newest version of LR, LRC etc.  They want us to move into their pay for space LR in the cloud but they don't have the product to make it work.  Steve Jobs always said Adobe made software.  Now maybe I understand what he meant.  (Just got dinged for the word).

[Abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just spent for the third time in a week over an hour and a half on the phone with Adobe. My call was just disconnect after 1hr 32min. The third person at Adobe that I talk to about this problem and according to him they are not aware of this. 
he fixed one photo that was stuck waiting for settings and everything appeared to be fine but I asked him to stay on because like last time the issues persisted after an agent "fixed" the issue. Thankfully he stayed on and long behold.. several other photos started showing the same message. Photos with no edits. Just raw files sitting in Lightroom. When he noticed the issues persisted the line disconnected which makes me think if he really just hung up on me. I requested a call back from him with another agent and they said he would reach out in the next two hours. -.-

I have lost days of work and I'm at the verge of losing a client. 3 times now that I've had to start from scratch. 
ADOBE GIVE US SOME ANSWERS. FIX YOUR ISSUES! We are paying customers and you are leaving us all in the dark. Losing money and messing with our livelihood.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crazy that this is still happening. A solution might be to find a Develop setting that you never use, change it by the smallest possible amount on one photo, copy that setting, then go to "All synced photos" and select all, then paste that setting. Then after the change is synced, change back. Rinse and repeat if it happens again.

I haven't tried this yet myself though. The one thing to watch out for is that if you select a newer setting (like Texture) and paste onto an old photo developed with a Process Version that doesn't know about that setting, it will bump the process version up (I believe). Which you may or may not want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, making small edits is definitiv not an option, there are too many photos to do that. It's 2024 and Adobe still hasn't fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. This is crazy. Come on Adobe........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines