• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Waiting for Settings"

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what's going on, but for some reason, my edits are not syncing with each other on just ONE singular photo. Everything else I do is syncing up. I have closed both of them, and I have waited more than 24 hours. I honestly don't know what to do. I would really rather not reset my edits considering I have spent more than enough time editing them in the first place. I don't get what's going on. Can't tell if this is a bug or something on my end... here's my following information:

LR version 7.5.2 (Mobile)

LR version 5.5 (Mac)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

MacOS Version 12.6

iPhone SE 2020

iOS 16

No idea how to reproduce the problem. Was working on multiple layers for the edit (about 20) and was finishing up the last touch and all of a sudden the edits were no longer syncing

Supposed to sync when editing, and it does for every other photo except this one itself

IMG_2851.PNGScreen Shot 2022-09-24 at 16.05.57.png

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you know which machine that is? Which clients do you use on that machine?
The message means exactly what it's stating, some client used on that machine never finished uploading by some reason.
Could you had done those edits with Classic? What could help us would be a diagnostic log ( Lr Desktop/Preferences/option key pressed), but it needs to be shared with us privately.

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this exact same error on LR mobile and LR desktop. The message references the machine name which makes me believe it has to do with Lightroom Classic.

I have a strong suspicion that this related to recent upgrades and in PARTICULAR I recently upgraded LrC and it did a catalog update. Ok, my telepathic debugging skills are imperfect but is it possible some state didn't get migrated to the new catalog? Obviously I have right now LrC (with new catalog) running, it's fully synced.

in the attached files you can see that the photo was NEVER edited in Classic, but suspiciously the date that it was imported into classic is the date that mobile is waiting for?? Look a the history in the classic screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you by some reason had a problem with the upload (or very slow) from your WOODFRAGBOX.
Until the settings have been uploaded all clients will show you this error.

Do you know what kind of edits you have done on this device?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignacio, the screenshot shows the history of edits for the selected photo in classic. Here they are:

From Lr mobile

From Lr mobile

From Lr mobile

Imported from Lr mobile (date...)

There were no edits in LrC, only pulls from mobile.

Furthermore the date in the import is the same as the date of the settings that Lr mobile claims to be waiting for, and yet the history in LrC also shows that 3 edits from Lr mobile were pulled in after that date, so how can mobile we waiting for that date?

This is a BUG not a slow sync, can you pass this on to someone at Adobe who fixes BUGS?

These screen shots were taken at the same instant with both apps open and both synced.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, I believe that you are running into a bug here, the question is what the source is.
The dialog that you see in LrC points out your WOODFRAGBOX machine which I assume is not a device with iOS or Android.

Can you share a screen shot from iOS?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy, Ignacio, can you see both of my screenshots? They were taken on the same Windows PC (WOODFRAGBOX) at the same time. One of the is from Lightroom Classic, the other is from Lightroom "No Last Name" (the desktop LR that is related to the mobile codebase.) I am seeing the error in LR "No Last Name" on the PC. I have also seen it on iOS but I believe it is the same error. (It looks exactly the same and LR "No Last Name" is the desktop port of the mobile LR.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to edit that photo on Lightroom (not Classic) on your PC.  Go ahead and hit Reset.  It should keep all local edits, but worst case, you may lose them.  This is a known problem that we are working on addressing.

Let us know how it goes.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're working on it and that reset should work. I'll try to remember to post back here if reset does or does not work for me. I'm currently mostly using classic as a original file downloader so I don't do much editing in it. I just got my desktop setup improved and I may start using classic more to take advantage of multimon.

Really wish there wasn't a split or even if the two worked better together. (AKA syncing collection hierarchies and keywords would make interop much better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

After updating the latest version today, i am running into some bugs and issues.

i already had the GPU bug not loading the dehaze properly.

I found I had an issue with the size of the retouching option, everytime I click it becomes one size smaller.

The system wont let me do the AI noice reduction ( it crashes after being done )
And now I have the above issue: I synced the edited images and although they show in my LR mobile, they are sometimes edited - sometimes they didnt upload with the edit and some edited uploads have the comment-  Waiting for settings. 

Looks like a lot of issues have occured since updating. Can you help fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1359.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting exactly the same problem with my Dell XPS.. no pattern to it either.. happening to photos I have edited and photos I have not. I'm using Lightroom Classic too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went searching for this same issue as I'm now experiencing it, came across this thread. Went to revisit some photos in LR Mobile that are synced from LrC on my mac and am now getting the "waiting for settings" message, yet sync is not paused on either device and nothing is in queue. My set up is:

LRC version 8.5.1 (Mobile)

LRC version 12.5 (Mac)

M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

MacOS Ventura 13.6

iPhone 14

iOS 16.7

Curiously this photo (and a few others from this set) are in an album where the majority of the photos are synced and do not produce this error message. About 5 of the 42 images in the album do, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem more than a year later so assume Adobe haven't delivered a fix?

Doing small edits on LR moble isn't the answer for me - there are too many photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a fix for thsi yet. It happens when having used ai masks in lightroom classic then they dont sync and I hget the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines