Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomly disappearing edits

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

After recent Lightroom updates my edits disappearing randomly. It doesn't matter if I'm using Lightroom classic or Lightroom on iPad. Only rating is kept, but for some reason I'm just loosing edits.

TOPICS
iPadOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'd love to help you figure this out. I'll need more info.

What version of Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Mobile (iPad), iPad OS & desktop OS are you working on? Has this started to happen recently?

Pause the sync on all Lightroom surfaces first & then log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) on a desktop browser to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_0-1668804910227.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web. As long as there are sync issues on the Web, you can encounter trouble in syncing images & edits.

After following these steps, let Lightroom Classic & Lightroom iPad continue syncing for at least an hour & let me know how it goes from here.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Well, I think that edits are not synced correctly when I'm using new smart masks. Edits with smart masks are almost never transfered, or they most probably they are overwriten with no edits 😞 For example I import photos to Lightroom Classic (with smart previews), then I create collection and sync it to the cloud. Then I edit photos on my iPad (Lightroom Classic on PC is closed), when I return in few days to my PC, it again syncs the photos from the cloud, but some edits are lost. What is worse, edits are lost in the cloud too! 

I'm using synchronization couple of years, but with recent versions of the Lightroom's it's not reliable and not usable. In the past I have time to time rebuild sync process on the PC, but edits was kept. But now days it's strange. 

Also when I'm looking on some past phones, which I have already exported, I have lost edits on them aswell 😞 This didn't happening before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another note. Maybe another solution will be to use only Lightroom "Cloud", but I'm still missing Map module as is in Lightroom Classic. When it will be available in cloud version of Lightroom, I will switch. But currently I have to use still Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to be careful of is when you have the same image open in Classic's Develop and at the same time are editing on the iPad is that the different app sync at very different times and it is very easy to lose edits because of this. In the iPad it will only sync after you back out of the zoomed in view with the develop tools exposed and will overwrite anything that might have synced from Classic on the desktop. Vice versa the iPad app will miss any edits you make in Classic while it is in the develop tools tab. So it is important to not be in Develop view in Classic while you are editing on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines