• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rated pictures-Can't view in filmstrip

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to see which pictures are rated or selected, while in filmstrip mode? It's frustrating not to see which I have already selected to edit. Even when I am in a grid view, I don't see the icons, so I cannot tell without clicking on a picture, as to if I've selected it. There must be a way, this is painful!! Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Regardless of view the ratings are always shown very bottom center of window

rate.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jfoucher574,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

Lightroom CC displays the star ratings in the image thumbnails itself while Lightroom Classic CC shows the ratings in the filmstrip and the loupe view both within the image thumbnail.

Refer How to flag, label, and rate photos in Lightroom Classic CC and Learn how to organize your photos in Lightroom CC.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC 2.3, I can only see ratings in square grid view:

But not in filmstrip of detail view:

Selected picture has five stars, but I only can see that in lower portion, not on the thumbnails.

This is extremely frustrating not to see ratings in the thumbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of view the ratings are always shown very bottom center of window

rate.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help much as I still have to select individual pictures to understand which one has stars and how many of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the solution to the problem OP has posted. I am still experiencing the same issue: filmstrip gives no at a glance information regarding the ratings of images, which is a nuisance, since that should be one its main objectives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging the filmstrip up to or down to enlarge the images.  This seems to show the stars.  I had the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no handle to drag the film strip in Lightroom. It appears to be fixed height.

Btw I find it ridiculous not to fix this simple issue for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to grab above the black bar at the bottom of the screen, and drag it up.  Just under the import/export buttons.  I'm on the month to month subscription, and its the latest version of Lightroom.  Did you purchase your program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 1.00.01 PM.png

There is no handle, no import/export buttons. I guess you're talking about Lightroom CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to screen shot where my cursor was, but it didnt show up.  Hover over the horizontal line between the grey star ratings, and the black star ratings.  I dont know how else to discribe it....  Essentially the horizontal line breaking up the black and grey differences under the Import/Export buttons.Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.55.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.53.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a subscription using lightroom classic 9.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D-Fuse_0-1586485723234.png

You're talking about Lightroom CC, not the newer Lightroom. There are no import/export buttons here, and there is nothing to drag in the new version... That's what this ticket is all about 😞 it was there in old, there is no such thing in new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as solved? The correct answer is actually not what author of the question asked about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue and it drove me crazy for a couple days.  Click and drag above the film strip to enlarge it until you see the star rating and other develop tools 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the thread? It is about Lightroom, not Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read the thread and I cant see why its solved, he's asking about the new LR, not LRC, I have just gone back to LRC because of this very problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines