• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw photos shot with Lightroom Mobile camera won't load...

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos shot with the Lightroom mobile app camera on my Galaxy Note 20 in DNG can't be viewed in Lightroom mobile albums and previews can't be generated when syncing or importing to Lightroom Classic on my PC.

Manually copying the files from the phone to the PC results in files whose thumbnails I can see in explorer but still won't import properly to Lightroom Classic or open in Photoshop.  Lightroom says previews can't be generated and Photoshop says 'Could not open"LRM_20210204_181644.dng" because of a program error'.

This used to work with no problem.  Switching to shooting JPGs, the images import and sync without issue.

DNGs shot on my iPad Pro using Lightroom mobile work normally so this is related to Lightroom on Android Galaxy Note 20 phone.

Not only would I like to resolve the issue so I can shoot DNG with the phone, I'd love to hear ideas on recovering the images I already have shot and can't open!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Lightroom are you running on your device, and on your desktop?

Support for the Galaxy Note 20 was added in December 2020, so if you have not recently updated, that could be an issue.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines