• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW profiles not available for RAW photos taken w/ new iPhone?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[I originally posted this an hour ago as a reply to stephend14166160, before I realized that mine is probably a separate issue.]

RAW profiles (like Adobe RAW and Camera Matching profiles), are not available for photos that I've taken on my new phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13.1). They *are* still available for photos taken on my previous phone (iPhone X, iOS 12.4.1), including photos taken since I got the new phone.

This seems to happen for any RAW files, whether taken with the camera in the Lightroom iOS app, or with another third-party app, like Halide. It occurs when I view the files in Lightroom on either phone. 

On the left is what I see for RAW photos taken on the old phone. On the right is what I see for RAW photos taken on my new phone. I have tried removing and re-installing the Lightroom iOS app, and of course restarting my phone.

IMG_1676.JPG

I verified that this is also true on Lightroom for desktop, which I re-installed just now.

IMG_1684.JPG

This seems like an issue with reading the file metadata—not recognizing that a RAW photo taken on the new phone is actually RAW (and thus eligible for the RAW profiles). I have attached two example DNG files, both taken with the Lightroom iOS app camera. (I used the HDR mode, but non-HDR photos behave the same.)

Here are two example files (which I was not able to attach here due to an error: "The attachment's content type (image/x-adobe-dng) does not match its file extension and has been removed.")

Thanks!

—Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Since the iPhone 11 Pro has been recently released the support for the RAW images clicked using the phone has not been included in the application and would be included in a future update post which you should be able to select the relevant profiles for the images you click with the new iPhone similar to the iPhone X.

Regards

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj - I have the exact issue on my 11 Pro and not being able to use the Abobe Profiles (Landscape, Vivid, Portrait, etc) for images taken with the new phone.

What is the ETA on the update to enable this again? It's greatly dissappointing to not being able to fully utilize the capabailities of these wonderful cameras with your flaghsip tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently do not have an estimated time on when the new iPhones would included in the applications for full support. You can refer to the list in the link below as it is updated after every software update.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking this question. I was about toask the same thing. I'm guessing we need to wait for an update to Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone stumbles upon it while searching (like I did) :

I had this issue, and it appears to be a bug in the Lightroom mobile app not correctly sycnrhonising all profiles from the Adobe Cloud.

Deleting the app off your phone, reinstalling, and reconnecting, then waiting for it to sychronise, fixes it in every case I've encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines