Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really dumb soft proofing question

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So... if I dont complete my workflow in a single sitting (open RAW file in develop module, adjust RAW, create soft proof, adjust soft proof, print soft proof) what happens when I return to the image the following day and continue working on it? If I open up the soft proof copy that I created previously so I can make further adjustments what happens when I click on the soft proofing button? Am I creating a soft proof of a soft proof? Does that make sense? Should I continue to make edits to the soft proof version of the photo with the soft proofing box unticked i.e. once you create a soft proof file this is essentially a snapshot of your image as you want it to be and that becomes your baseline, so any additional adjustments are carried out normally in develop module without it being in soft proof mode?

I suspect I am over-thinking this. But someone putting my mind at rest would be gratefully accepted.

(i'm using lightroom 5 if it makes any difference)

Regards

Tom

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can simply continue where you left off. You won't create a soft proof of a soft proof (if Lightroom would ask you to create a new virtual copy, then simply say no).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines